2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

plans

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:53 AM
nswap7
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plans

Since i like to do my everyone-involved threads...what is everyone's summer plans for the car, or whatever else you wanna share

Old 06-08-2007, 05:00 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: plans

Well...I need to get my Tokico struts installed, and before that decide if I want to get some Tein S-Techs to replace my Eibach Prokit. Then I need to install my Hotchkis sways that are sitting next to my struts and unpainted Mopar Lip Kit. I plan on getting some fiberglass S-Style eyelids and getting the Mopar Lip Kit painted and mounted this summer. After all that is said and done, hopefully, I'll have some extra money to finally order my custom 60mm throttle body and maybe get some P&P work done on the cylinder head (if the money is there). I'm moving into a new apartment in a few weeks, so who knows if i'll have any money at all over the summer...then of course i'll be working 40+ hours a week, on top of taking some summer classes. Should be a very busy summer indeed, but also a very good one!

Old 06-08-2007, 05:09 AM
nswap7
Captain

ill be doing suspension work finally..springs and struts!! and my clear corners and clear 3rd tail light im sitting on and my MMs. Ill be going on vacation to charlston, South carolina and maybe north or eastern ohio. Im gunna be working like crazy, so hopefully ill finally bank some money to actually keep.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:13 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Oh, and I need new tires, the Toyo Proxes 4's have about 33k miles on them and there only supposed to be good for around 25k-30k . So I kinda need those replaced...lol. I'm going to need to look at my brakes too, I feel a little brake fade coming on...they only have 30k miles on the pads and rotors, but I always change them both at the same time anyways. Why not right?

Old 06-08-2007, 05:18 AM
neon 05
Captain

finally redo my suspension right no more coilovers, hopefully be able to purchase my dropzone and kyb struts and put on black with alumin trim 18's rims,blk led tail,blk projectors,clear sidemarkers and third brake light, gething true yellow jdm shell fogs, guting the carpet and trunk and dyno mat the whole entire car, if i got left over money ill start upgrade my exhaust and some quality profromance ...all this means imma be broke.lol

Old 06-08-2007, 05:25 AM
nswap7
Captain

welcome to the life of all of us as far as being broke. you still have the coilovers on? and yah, i change my pads and rotors at the same time. its like taking care of them at one sitting.lol

Old 06-08-2007, 05:35 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Its a little more expensive when you have four-wheel disc brakes, but I obviously dont mind the cost since I change them all every 30k anyways. lol. My dad used to look at me like I was crazy, but i cant think of anything better to spend your money on then the system that makes your car stop correctly.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:42 AM
nswap7
Captain

my dad told me i was stupid if i was to change on and not the other. his theory is if you do one, you do them all. Thats how i got my kumhos. one blown tire..he went and replaced them all.doesnt seem like a big deal, but i live by alot of lazy asses who look at me weird and they say "why didnt you just get one"..lol

Old 06-08-2007, 05:46 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Yeah I blew out one of my Proxes like the day after I got them, so I only replaced the one because they cost $140 each (and they only had about 100 miles on them)...but if they would have had more miles on them I would have just bought four new tires. I dont see the point in having mismatched tires...or brakes. I mean, you dont just change three spark plugs do you? lol.

Old 06-08-2007, 05:58 AM
neon 05
Captain

no just take them out and brush the carbon off them jk lol i order my springs i still havent got them in the mail , i think the ups guy has a neon and got the 5 finger discount..

Quick Reply: plans