2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Uh Oh Its Picture Time!! (More Pictures Added!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:33 PM
yellowO3r/t
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Uh Oh Its Picture Time!! (Part 1)

i just don't think that the borla exhaust is really going to add that much hp, i mean they are both the same size (2.25) so whats the difference

Old 07-22-2007, 08:35 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

As far as performance between the Thermal and Borla, there probably is no big difference. The differences would be sound and build quality...

Old 07-22-2007, 08:36 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

gettin you back for that previous thread jack 03RT lol, lol, jk man sorry bout that

Old 07-22-2007, 08:39 PM
yellowO3r/t
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

As far as performance between the Thermal and Borla, there probably is no big difference. The differences would be sound and build quality...
no i'm talking about from the stock r/t exhaust. b/c correct me if i'm wrong but the stock exhuast is also 2.25 right?

Old 07-22-2007, 08:40 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: neon03se

gettin you back for that previous thread jack 03RT lol, lol, jk man sorry bout that
OH SNAP! lol.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:41 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: yellowO3r/t

no i'm talking about from the stock r/t exhaust. b/c correct me if i'm wrong but the stock exhuast is also 2.25 right?
The stock R/T exhaust has a taper from the midpipe to rear section of 2 1/8", while the SXT and SRT-4 midpipes have a taper of 1 7/8"...which is why the R/T exhaust is better then the SXT and SRT exhaust systems, and why in all cases a good quality aftermarket catback system will give you some gains.

Old 07-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Adionik
Champion

Hey we took my caliper off today. But it was still connected to the brake line. After you take off the two bolts that hold it to the rotor...what do you do? It looks too difficult to paint it on there.[:@]

Old 07-22-2007, 08:44 PM
yellowO3r/t
Rookie

The stock R/T exhaust has a taper from the midpipe to rear section of 2 1/8", while the SXT and SRT-4 midpipes have a taper of 1 7/8"...which is why the R/T exhaust is better then the SXT and SRT exhaust systems, and why in all cases a good quality aftermarket catback system will give you some gains.
i just don't think that it will big enough of a difference on the r/t to matter. especially for 600 big ones

Old 07-22-2007, 08:45 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Adionik

Hey we took my caliper off today. But it was still connected to the brake line. After you take off the two bolts that hold it to the rotor...what do you do? It looks too difficult to paint it on there.[:@]
You compress the piston and pull the caliper off. Then you lay a big towel over the rotor and knuckle assembly (so no paint gets on them), remove the brake pads, stuff a towel or something similar in where the brake pads would be to protect the piston, tape off the bleed screw and paint them...

Old 07-22-2007, 08:46 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

i just don't think that it will big enough of a difference on the r/t to matter. especially for 600 big ones
It wont be a big difference stock, but if you added a bigger cam, LTH or MTH, and other mods to the intake side it will matter.

Quick Reply: Uh Oh Its Picture Time!! (More Pictures Added!)