2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Help: vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:26 PM
adots
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: vibrating

My 03 neon will give vibration recently when I come to a complete stop. The vibration only comes out during stop. Nothing special during braking. It is more like shaking, one after one. I don't know what's wrong with it. Could anyone give me some suggestion? Thanks a lot!

Old 07-19-2007, 02:46 PM
GrApHite03
Default RE: Help: vibrating

do you have a tachometer to see if you RPMs are jumping up or down when it vibrates? or It could be a faulty motor mount. My '01 vibrates at stops too and i can see the rubber is ripped in the motor mount.

k3v

Old 07-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Yakuza

With my first car I didn't do much maintance on it and had the same problem. I took it in for a tune up and it seemed to fix it. It could be in your plugs, wires, or coil. What year is your car, how many miles do you have on it, when was the last time you had an oil change, tune up, is it an automatic, and what are your RPMS at when your at a complete stop? I'd start with the engine mount. Then check your plugs for iregular burns or oil on them.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:34 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

does it do it anytime you brake? it could be your rotors. you might also check your bearings.
also, as suggested, is there any certain RPM range that this happens in. is it the car vibrating or more like the motor is shaking?

Quick Reply: Help: vibrating