2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Cant we all just get along..

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 04:48 PM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cant we all just get along..

Im not going to start in arguing on that srt4 subject . I use to own one and just going with most of the srt4 owners on some of my other forums not a member of srt forums though. my friends all say that theres is a 3rd gen neon and the srt4 is in the srt class and not really in the neon class though its based on the neon and is a neon but alot cooler.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:57 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

It's a high performance 2nd gen neon with a body kit and a syle package.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:25 PM
AirWolf

I think srt4 owners know more than 2nd gen neon owners do about srt4s and what they are . The other srt4 forums do agree that the srt4 is a neon but nota 2nd gen neon more a 3rd gen though. Im only going along with them cause I had one so makes more since to me . Going with the flow on my old srt forums.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Reichstad
Rookie

Dudes, SRT-4 owners are ****** when it comes to distinguishing themselves from us non-turboed bottom-feeders.Some of themreally think they are the "chosen ones" cause they can afford one. Oh well, it makes me frustrated that I wasnt really into cars when I bought my SXT soI couldabeen one of "them" too... Sorry, I had to get that outta the way...

But back on subject... I look at it like this:a GTI is a GOLF, but itsbetter knownas a GTI. Just like an SRT-4 is a Neon, but its still better known as an SRT-4.

The way we distinguish1st gens from2nd gens is because they stopped making the 95-99's to make the 00-05's. They startedproducing the SRT-4's in 03, while they were still producing ES's and SXT's. All the SRT-4 is is a superman version of an SXT. Bigger engine, bigger spoiler, bigger rims... Its the same as a charger and SRT-8.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Reichstad
Rookie

P.S.

Don't get me wrong, I would give my left nut for an SRT-4, but it just annoys me when their ownerslook down their big noses and arelike, "oh, that poor slow neon. It should be put out of its misery cause its so slow..."

And Im not saying anyone on here is doing it, Im just tired of the queers aroundwhere I livethat do that...

Old 08-12-2007, 10:41 PM
antitrustspider
Veteran

Still a 2nd gen. Generation is defined by the body style and year. 2000-2005 is a 2nd gen no matter what it looks like or what engine is in it.

If they would have continued making Neons and changed the body style after 2005...the 2006 would be a 3rd gen. You can't call an SRT-4 a 3rd gen in that sort of situation.

Just like with my Mustang. It's a 1st generation. 64 1/2 to 66 was 1st, 67-68 was 3rd, 69-70 was 3rd, etc. Just because you get a 66 Shelby with a supercharger and a bigger motor doesn't make it a 2nd gen. Doesn't work that way.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:54 AM
I own only Dodge
Professional

Well I am a noob here and I happen to appreciate airwolfs info whether it be right or wrong, at least she offers it up and is willing to post and not just read. I know enough about cars whether they be 1st or 21st generation to know whether im reading bs or not, even if the response I got was totaly bs and I knew it I would have the decency to respond to whomever it was courtesy and dignity and not try to degrade them because they dont know as much as I may think I know. Like I said in my introduction thread, I tend to be here a while and gain much info and knowledge from this forum..

Old 08-14-2007, 11:07 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

Interesting thread you all have going here....

Old 08-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Adionik
Champion

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

Haha. I was wondering where you were...

Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 AM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Adionik

ORIGINAL: 03neonRT

Haha. I was wondering where you were...
Yeah well I moved into my new apartment on Friday, then I went on a mini vacation at Lake Michigan up till this morning at my famalies cottage. Plus, my internet just got hooked up like an hour ago [8D].

Quick Reply: Cant we all just get along..