2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Oil light comes on at stop signs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 PM
NJB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil light comes on at stop signs.

Hello everyone. I recently had my oil changed and now my oil light comes on briefly at stop signs after I have driven the car for 20 minutes or so. I noticed that thedip stick is showing that the oil has been over filled. Will this cause the situation I have discribed? The car warms up normally and does not over heat. I have noticed no unusually sounds and there seems to be no loss in performance.A service guy at the dealership told me over the phone that they rarely have to replace oil pumps in Neons so I think it is thesending unit or simply the fact that ithas beenover filled.

Any advice on this will be greatly appriceated.
Thanks

Old 08-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Sillyman
Default RE: Oil light comes on at stop signs.

You may want to try draining a little of the oil out of the oil pan, as an overfilled engine can cause the oil to start foaming and this can in turn cause an oil light to come on at lower engine rpm's. Not to mention it can also blow out oil seals. Gitve that a try and see if the oil light stays out for you.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:35 PM
ewetho
All Star

Drain and refill with new oil and then retest. IF OK great. If not then a pressure gauge will be your friend.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:34 AM
NJB

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to lower the oil level to were it should be. I think that will probrably fix the problem.

Quick Reply: Oil light comes on at stop signs.