2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Pic an Vid of SRT swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:05 AM
contagious19
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pic an Vid of SRT swap

man a srt-4 total swap for 5 grand isnt bad. dats also wit labor. if i lived like 10 hours away i would drive there but dats not da case

Old 08-18-2007, 07:26 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

But see that's just where I think that is so crazy. I mean I spent abut $3500 on that neon in about a year and half basis. But to drop $5,000 in one shot, and for it to not even improve book value and selling value is truly insane, amost a disease lmao. I mean I love the neon, it's quick, good on gas, not very powerful, but gets around easily, and thats cool beause its a neon. But to drop that much in one session would bewhacko. Unless you really plan to have the vehicle for years to come, dont do it. Because a) you'l have a hard *** time selling it because whoever does is going to get the car cheap with a very very nice engine, and b.) you'll NEVER ever get nearly back what you put into it. Even with that beautiful engine in that bodystyle, you'd probably get top notch $5,000, for the whole car. The srt-4 swap would of just been some cool little bonus, that in msot cases, would probably scare people away from the car lol. Anyway I dont want to get all bent out of shape over this, but bottomline, it's dumb. Too much money, too low of a book valued car, and then your stuck with the car for atleast 5-10 more years so u can somewhat get out of it what you put into it lol.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:14 AM
ek2588
Veteran

ORIGINAL: antitrustspider

If you can get $7,000 for your car and take that $5,000 it's about enough for an SRT-4. Plus you can get an entire SRT-4 engine on ebay for under $2,000.

Also an SXT or SE with an SRT-4 engine in it is still an SXT or SE. Won't sell for much.
getting $7k from selling a neon is damn near impossible lol. The way i see it it, going fast cost a **** load of money in most cases. Paying 5k forafondation that would start you off at atleast a low 14 isnt bad. I myself dont really plan on doing it...but if i did id prolly just have a couple buddies over and swap it in with them. If you parted the car out u'd prolly make a lil more money then selling it whole.im not saying the swap is cheap, but cheaper compared to other options.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Yako
Captain

hey $5000 expensive? yes... but def worth it ill just finish payin off my sxt and get the money to get the swap and by the way them engines on ebay always end up costin over $3000 to the winnin bidder, andis tru ansxt or se with the srt engine wouldnt sell as much an an srt butdefmore than just an ordinary neon

Old 08-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

But see that's just where I think that is so crazy. I mean I spent abut $3500 on that neon in about a year and half basis. But to drop $5,000 in one shot, and for it to not even improve book value and selling value is truly insane, amost a disease lmao. I mean I love the neon, it's quick, good on gas, not very powerful, but gets around easily, and thats cool beause its a neon. But to drop that much in one session would bewhacko. Unless you really plan to have the vehicle for years to come, dont do it. Because a) you'l have a hard *** time selling it because whoever does is going to get the car cheap with a very very nice engine, and b.) you'll NEVER ever get nearly back what you put into it. Even with that beautiful engine in that bodystyle, you'd probably get top notch $5,000, for the whole car. The srt-4 swap would of just been some cool little bonus, that in msot cases, would probably scare people away from the car lol. Anyway I dont want to get all bent out of shape over this, but bottomline, it's dumb. Too much money, too low of a book valued car, and then your stuck with the car for atleast 5-10 more years so u can somewhat get out of it what you put into it lol.
And all those mods you have put in your car will not make your car sell for anymore. AND I have seen SXT's on ebay with srt swaps for a good chunk of change.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Yako
Captain

yea maybe ur copmplanin cuz u have an 2000 neon? of course a srt engine on a neom like that wouldnt do much if u wanted to sell it but try installin it in a 03 or up neon with some mopar lip kit or somethin and a few other mods added tothat car could be sold as much as an srt

Old 08-18-2007, 02:36 PM
lblackneon
Champion

That guy looked excited in the video.

Cars aren't considered a real asset anyway. Every dollar u put into a car for upgrades is a lost cause. It's just fun when U do it if you're into speed.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:08 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

i dont own a neon anymore. 14,000 for a neon is impossible. You would have to try damn hard to find someone to buy a neon that much, and especially somene that wuld understand the swap. Most people are afraid of a swap like that, because its not the stock engine anymore, its overall sketchy. If you do the swap, plan on keeping it a long time because you wont get back for what you put into it, thats all . If you can pull it off though, MINT

Old 08-18-2007, 04:19 PM
contagious19
Champion

i plan on keeping my neon for years to come so. i would do dat swap

Old 08-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Kapitald
Captain

my insurance is only going up by 20 bucks a month....just for reference....and i have really high insurance bc i had a wreck a couple years back...so mine would be nowhere near what anybody elses is....but from the manual 04 sxt to the 04 srt-4 it went up 20 bucks a month.

Quick Reply: Pic an Vid of SRT swap