Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Haha Check this out! this HAS to add HP

lol yep thats why they call "racing"

Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Ben D.
Champion

hahahah I know a kid with a del sol and a vtec engine. I was riding with him one day and he goes "you know at about 5k you can really feel the vtec in the engine kick in" i was like dude wtf are you talking about. theres no such thing as a VTEC in the engine. that's just the name of the engine. couldn't stop laughing for at least ten minutes.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:46 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

A true sleeper is the only way to go.
936hp at the wheels

[IMG]local://upfiles/56817/C82ECC4EAB87442AA432BFAE1694B401.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-19-2007, 02:04 AM
ek2588
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

hahahah I know a kid with a del sol and a vtec engine. I was riding with him one day and he goes "you know at about 5k you can really feel the vtec in the engine kick in" i was like dude wtf are you talking about. theres no such thing as a VTEC in the engine. that's just the name of the engine. couldn't stop laughing for at least ten minutes.
....vtec does happen inside the engine. VTEC is the name of the system inside the engine. It stands for Variable valve timing and electronic control. IN a nut shell once the rpms reach around 5k a siloniod opens upand allowsthe larger lobes on the camshaftto be used. allowing more air flow through the intake and exhaust...i dont have the whole theory down pat but i no im inthe ball park. so yes vtec happens INSIDE the engine,think of it as ...secondaries opening up in a r/t motor (i guess)so um ....not trying to be a dick lol buti gotta stick up for my honda boys lol VVVTTTAAACCCC YYYYOOOO!!!!!!....srry slippedout [&:]
oh andi definitely feel the difference when vtec kicks in lol.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:22 AM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ek2588

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

....vtec does happen inside the engine. VTEC is the name of the system inside the engine. It stands for Variable valve timing and electronic control. IN a nut shell once the rpms reach around 5k a siloniod opens upand allowsthe larger lobes on the camshaftto be used. allowing more air flow through the intake and exhaust...i dont have the whole theory down pat but i no im inthe ball park. so yes vtec happens INSIDE the engine,think of it as ...secondaries opening up in a r/t motor (i guess)so um ....not trying to be a dick lol buti gotta stick up for my honda boys lol VVVTTTAAACCCC YYYYOOOO!!!!!!....srry slippedout [&:]
oh andi definitely feel the difference when vtec kicks in lol.
Honda SUCKS!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 06:31 AM
ek2588
Veteran

....o great one of "those ppl"[&:]wut is ur reasoning behind honda sucking. Im not trying to start an e-fight but id like to a reasonable explanation...something more then the usual bsi read on streetfire and youtube....not a blatant excuse or v8 is the only way to go kinda thing.Im a fan of all cars whether it be domestic or import, both of em havepositive and negativepoints.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:06 AM
bone33
Record Breaker

kinna like a whistler tip. they been putting them in ghetto cars for years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpl_e...ted&search=

and now this special report http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRfna...ted&search=

Old 08-19-2007, 10:32 AM
AirWolf

Hondas do pretty well at carshows I might add. Plus theres some pretty sweet lookin hondas around shows. Driver mod FTW on the racing topic.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ek2588

....o great one of "those ppl"[&:]wut is ur reasoning behind honda sucking. Im not trying to start an e-fight but id like to a reasonable explanation...something more then the usual bsi read on streetfire and youtube....not a blatant excuse or v8 is the only way to go kinda thing.Im a fan of all cars whether it be domestic or import, both of em havepositive and negativepoints.
Pearl Harbor

Old 08-19-2007, 06:07 PM
slyrby
Rookie

wait... so that thing actually works and doesnt sound anything like what the youtube link was? cuz if it did... i'd be embarrassed to have that on my car. i still can't stop laughing

Quick Reply: Haha Check this out! this HAS to add HP