2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

need motor mount help

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 12:10 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need motor mount help

o and i timed my car with a ghetto cellphone and my 0-60 was around 13 seconds, 8 seconds my ***, i am now officially the slowest neon in the world, BUT the sexiest!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 01:35 AM
contagious19
Champion

wat do u mean by alligned.? well my inserts went in one by one

Old 09-20-2007, 02:17 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

i think yours are different. this is what i did
1) take out whole top motor mount
2) press in insert so it fits snug and flush with the motor mount
3) bolt motor mount back in place and unbolt middle screw in the middle of the insert and rubber
4) slide washer in the screw and attempt to align the bolt, after several tried i got it but the screw did not go in all the way

bottom
1) unbolt middle screw holding the mm to the engine
2) push in insert same as top (had to cut the rubber a bit for it to fit)
3) wouldn't go in so i pushed it with my foot and it popped into place
4) have a damn hell of a time aligning the holes where the screw is supposed to go
5) get screw in w/ supplied washerbut not as far as it needs to be (washer is a bit loose)
6) get really pissed off at the fact that it took me a **** load of time when i though it was going to be a 30 min max job.

puttin the inserts in is cake, but aligning the holes to bolt everything back in place is a MAJOR pain in the ***

Old 09-20-2007, 02:28 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

as far as performance goes, they area pretty decent mod i guess. the take off has improved, overall acceleration is better, gas pedal is stiffer. The vibrations are not bad at all, maybe its because mine are not completely screwed in, but the vibrations are only noticeable when i accelarate from a stop, you can't really tell at all while idling. (i got the red "race" onesby the way). what i like most is that for some reason it changed my exhaust tone, it sounds a lot meaner, not sure how or why but i like that the most, i think it will sound even better when i have the CAI installed, right now i havethe "ghetto" filter stuck on throttle body setup. anyway 30 bucks and a couple of hours i guess it was pretty worth it. im just gonna take it to the shop to have them tighten the bolts

Old 09-20-2007, 06:03 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

Name:  DSCF2118.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  DSCF2114.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  84.4 KB

this is how it looks right now, the bottom is almost the same but the bolt went through more than that, but its not sticking out like it should, thus the washer is a bit loose.
the top washer is not loose but as you can see the bolt didn't go through all the way, do you guys think the threads are screwed?

Old 09-21-2007, 10:12 AM
blackflame
Captain

yeah...everyone says 30 minutes...I think the second time around maybe but I had some tough things to get around. Mine didn't go all the way in. The directions said to cut stuff away...pfft...i cut stuff but it didn't help at all. It's still sticking about maybe an 1/8th of an inch. the mount and the the thing you screw it into shifted while the screw was off so after a few people and there muscles pushing!!!! I got it back in lol.

Took me about 2 hours to install these...If I did it again it would be more like 30-45 minutes

Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 AM
bone33
Record Breaker

you could get a longer bolt. just make sure you re-chase the holes, just in case. i wouldnt use more than the recommended torque, cuz those are aluminum castings, dont forget.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:19 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

well i didn't wanna screw anything up so its in my friends dad's shop right now gettin the bolts aligned properly, i think if i had to, i could do it again in way less time, i would just have to jerk the motor carefully until it lined up just right, i just stopped becuase i had to wake up early so i needed to hit the sack. doing it on your own is a lil tough though. Taking everything apart is so easy but puttin it back together was the bitch.i do agree that installin a CAI is wwwwaaayyyy easier than this lol. but if you know what your doing and have done it before i'm sure it can be done fairly quickly

Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
GrApHite03

When i put my solid mount on the upper, the bolt went so far through the bracket that i had to tuck the end under those hoses you see in the picture.

I have a feeling they are cross threaded... I'll see if i can get a pic of my car tonight seeing they are still stock and never been touched since the factory put them in.

There should be no play from left to right as mentioned in your PM.

k3v

Old 09-21-2007, 03:28 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

i thought so, well i'll give em a call and tell them, pics would be great man thanks!

Quick Reply: need motor mount help