2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

racing muffler or rt exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 02:49 AM
AirWolf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: racing muffler or rt exhaust

So whats so bad about that I love Loud and liken the looks pretty well I have a DTM muffler on my 96 tricked out dodge neon its pretty loud and I have a iceman in my 96 also so if I put a intake in my sxt with the cf muffler it will even sound louder with the intake and the exhaust I will have a lot more power and better gas mileage.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:50 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Okay...thats fine by me, I'm just trying to let you know its going to sound ricey.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:00 AM
AirWolf

ricey sounds so crappy why not tricked out I love the word tricked out. so is big mufflers bad its not gonna be like the rest of the imports noone has a cf muffler may sound loud but way different.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:10 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=78640&mpage=2&key=

Check that thread out, that is my exhaust. Install pics, and it has sounds. Stock, no muffler, my new exhaust setup. Sounds are maybe halfway down the page. Maybe the sounds will help you out, they are just the car revvin, so it sounds a bit different under load, but it will give you an idea.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:42 PM
casper
Legend

If you like the "Honda RICE" sound put the can on, but it is gonna sound like a honda. I personally hate that sound, sounds like a crotch rocket powering a car, with no back presure, which is not too good for a close to stock car. Mine is nice and deep, with probally a little back presure, enough not to lose my low end.

Old 11-02-2004, 09:28 PM
morningpride
Veteran

I tried to explain that. I hate rice.....

j

Old 11-02-2004, 10:17 PM
AirWolf

i see alot of neons with nice big loud mufflers and not ricey probably louder than most my dtm dual tipped muffler is not ricey I never see any on imports I hate all imports and the muffler I like you would never see on any import really rare the cf mufflers.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:24 PM
casper
Legend

yeah but what I am saying is if you put a 4" fart can on a neon, its gonna sound like a honda on crack!!!! Carbon fiber is cool it does not change the sound of the muffler. Even though carbon fiber is cool, it does not belong on a muffler, how much hp do you pick up with a lightweight muffler?? Put a few stickers in the window and you can pick up 10-20hp.

Old 11-03-2004, 05:27 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Listen to the clip of my car with no muffler...thats your car with a 4" can on it.

Old 11-03-2004, 08:54 PM
AirWolf

I like racing mufflers thats the correct name for my cf muffler im interested in . their not just on imports ive seen them on alot of 1st gen neons.I found out if the exhaust causes the engine to have a problem then warrenty voided . so either im going to be risky and get the cf muffler to be rare and different or be safe and get the 250.00 rt exhaust ive heard it has a sweet sound probably just as loud as any dual not as loud as the cf muffler. I realize you guys dont like racing mufflers stickers dont give you horsepower the mufflers do and intakes .250.00 is all I want to spend no more 140.00 for the cf muffler installed included. do you think the rt is worth it I think its pretty sweet lookin.I will be the only sxt around where I live.I want something sweet

Quick Reply: racing muffler or rt exhaust