strustus.. intrepid.... sebring

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:08 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strustus.. intrepid.... sebring

i was told that any motor from those three cars will be a direct bolt on
so is this true? because the guy said that a 2.4 l engine will fit so i was wonder if this is true i can just bore and stroke the engine to 3 liters or so get a v6 power out of a 4 banger and then turbo it help?

Old 09-16-2007, 06:12 PM
ek2588
Veteran
Default RE: strustus.. intrepid.... sebring

its not a "direct bolt" but it does fit.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:36 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: noen_newbe

i was told that any motor from those three cars will be a direct bolt on
so is this true? because the guy said that a 2.4 l engine will fit so i was wonder if this is true i can just bore and stroke the engine to 3 liters or so get a v6 power out of a 4 banger and then turbo it help?
did you not read my reply in your last post about this!? you will not get 3 liters out of a 2.4... there is not enough cylinder wall!

Old 09-16-2007, 07:34 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran

i thought you ment my 2.0 wont get to 3.0 and which one is easier to get in the srt pt cruiser or the ones i mentioned earlier?
ummm and i want as much of a direct bolt on as posiable i dont have the funds or the mechanically capabilty to do it on my own with cutting and ****

Old 09-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Yako
Captain

dude just buy urself a 3.0 L car

Old 09-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Swordfish2Cowboy
Professional

ORIGINAL: Yako

Yeah, they're nice. I've got one, it burns a lot of gas, though, but it sure can scoot.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Swordfish2Cowboy

ORIGINAL: Yako

Yeah, they're nice. I've got one, it burns a lot of gas, though, but it sure can scoot.
o.o

o.O

anywho.

There is an old saying. "there is no REPLACEMENT for DISPLACEMENT!"

For the most part, this is true. Smaller engines require the assistance of forced induction and a load of work to make the same power.

If you are looking for a direct bolt in engine... the closest your going to get is the 2.4 DOHC SRT Engine. That thing is actually a decent power plant and will produce really good numbers for such a small engine. Just depends on if you build...it...right.

Now. Senior "neon_newbe," to assist you further (obviously we are trying to mull over a few things in your head) in your decision to modify your neon.

You can d several things. Engine swap (which... you keep posting about) will let you put in a bigger engine. However few engines will fit. The wonderful thing about our second gens is that the SRT DOHC engine will transplant right in with very little modifications. However, if your car is a daily driver (like me), you know our car cant be out of commission for a long time. If it is just sitting around... thats a good time to see if you cant mess with a new plant.

If you want to get a "V6" power out of our 2.0 liter before a turbo... keep dreaming. There is only so much you can pull out of our small engines.

The things I would seriously recommend if you want to do a full build....

here is a buy list:

-CAI
-Throttle Body
-Intake Manifold
-Camshaft (propper cam for what you wish to do.)
-Valve springs (if need be) + retainers (if need be)
-Cam Gear
-Exhaust
-UDP
-P&P'd Head

THEN turbo.

After all that you will see an amazing gain before the turbo. With a turbo, all those components will really help the turbo make more power with less boost. The propper cam is important. A high compression cam for a N/A build... with a turbo, might not work really well.

After you turbo... or even before (if need be), you need to get:

New Pistons
Rods
Piston Heads

Make sure you build it to withstand the boost.

Before or after the Turbo... I would recommend buying a stand-alone ECU such as Megasquirt. Mikey is fiddling with his unit to get it to work. You need to be a skilled tuner to really do the work... however if you take it a shop with a dyno (if you have a basic program on it), they will adjust for best idle, fuel/air curve, and power. Megasquirt is also powerful enough to act as a turbo timer if need be. It can do a **** ton of stuff.

anymore questions?????

Old 09-17-2007, 08:55 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran

lol ya
i guess im dumm as **** lol i thought you had to cut and **** the frame to get the srt engine int there and thats what scared me away from the thought. my car is a daily driver but i have a 2008 scion xb and a 1989 honda accord so thats not really a problem since i work 11pm to 7 am.

that list helped a hella lot but maybe i should be more specific i want a 7 sec car.... i kn ow im dreaming ... but realistically i want it to be atleast a 10 secound car. i like to be the first to do things no matta how assed out i am in the in money is money its made to be spent and lost....
so yea im sorry if iam being ummm a newbe and **** but i need to do something with this car (now that the my girl left me i have to much thinking time )no smart asses thanks

Old 09-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: noen_newbe

lol ya
i guess im dumm as **** lol i thought you had to cut and **** the frame to get the srt engine int there and thats what scared me away from the thought. my car is a daily driver but i have a 2008 scion xb and a 1989 honda accord so thats not really a problem since i work 11pm to 7 am.

that list helped a hella lot but maybe i should be more specific i want a 7 sec car.... i kn ow im dreaming ... but realistically i want it to be atleast a 10 secound car. i like to be the first to do things no matta how assed out i am in the in money is money its made to be spent and lost....
so yea im sorry if iam being ummm a newbe and **** but i need to do something with this car (now that the my girl left me i have to much thinking time )no smart asses thanks
realistically my might get into the 11's if you sacrifice the street driv-ability. simply put, you might be able to run low 13's or high 12's if you build your engine to run a turbo and run a decent boost pressure, get all the above mentioned parts, and know how to drive.

The more you upgrade, the harder it gets to make power. You reach limits. If worse comes to worse, there is always stroker kits, and blue printing the block, and so forth. I am not saying it cant be done. Im saying I hardly doubt you'll make it past 11's... even if your the best driver in the world.

P.S. there is nos as well. Throttle in a bottle if you will.

Quick Reply: strustus.. intrepid.... sebring