2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Undesolved
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Tinting

I live in texas and it tends to get hotter than hell in my car even with the windows cracked and i know that window tinting will reduce that a lil but hey some its better than none i wanted to know what would be a good tint and what a good price would be for it

Old 09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran
Default RE: Window Tinting

check your state law for how dark you can have your tinting... and i'll say a good tint with a "lifetime warrenty" should run around 150 for a dark tint, and probably more if you want reflective ones. don't forget the lifetime warrenty... if not... don't let them do it.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Adionik
Champion

We have to have a minimum of 35% (looks factory) in the front and WHATEVER THE HELL YOU WANT behind the drivers and rear.

I have 15% on the front, 5% all around the back. Looks slick as hell. For some reason the car seems "Smaller" when you tint all the windows. Must be the claustrophobia setting in. [&:]

Old 09-20-2007, 10:59 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

yeah.. mine too... the windows look smaller and slicker for some reason after the tint... by the way... in my state it's 35% front and any for the back and rear. But because i live in lawrence (University of Kansas) a lot of college from all over the place came here and many have real dark tint so the cops around here kinda just pretend it's all 35%... so i got a 20% tint all the way around and haven't gotten a ticket for it since like almost a year ago.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:01 PM
blackflame
Captain

I could be wrong but I think it actually makes it hotter. I read somewhere than vans get pretty hot because of the window tints.It's like a green screen effect and it absorbs the heat and then keeps it in. Black absorbs heat(light) and white is what reflects it away.

Old 09-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Adionik
Champion

My black and yellow theme looks great at night when the tint (as you can see in my sig) makes it look really dark...

then again i can't see **** but hey!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:15 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

yeah, i agree with you blackflame... and i actually did think about it for quite a while (sorry science major)... so i've come to a conclusion is that when it absorbs the heat it's at the film itself... so the film gets a little hot but then cool off by the air outside easily... but it prevents a large portion of sunlight from reaching the interior. then, when you have lighter or don't have window tint... a larger amount of sunlight gets into your car and get absorbed by your interior stuff (seats, console, dashboard, etc)... warming them up and making the interior very hot, and those that weren't absorbed would bounce back to the window and some would bounce back into the car again (greenhouse effect). So bascially yeah, i agree with you blackflame that black absorbs heat... but then unless there's a white tint around that reflects light then it'll be better than the black. but black tint is still better than lighter or no tint. There's the silver/reflective one that basically is the best... but is also probably illegal in most states... sorry about the long post...

Quick Reply: Window Tinting