2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Automatic Shift Knob

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 10:36 PM
car12fan2003
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic Shift ****

Hey, I was wondering if anybody with an automatic tranny has tried to replace the factory shift ****? I've seen a few of them on some sites but I;am wondering if anybody here has done it.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Mike594sxt
Professional
Default RE: Automatic Shift ****

For what purpose? The OEM onefunctions, and thats all an automatic shift **** has to do. I have never even seen an aftermarket shift **** for a neon. They make alot of "universal" ones out there, I wouldnt trust those though.You could just paint it though, or wrap it in that carbon fiber film.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:47 PM
car12fan2003

Yeah, I've seen the universal ones also but I don't want to buy it to only find out it won't work. Just want a different look. I like the carbon fiber film idea though. Where would I pick that up?

Old 10-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Adionik
Champion

ORIGINAL: Mike594sxt

For what purpose? The OEM onefunctions, and thats all an automatic shift **** has to do. I have never even seen an aftermarket shift **** for a neon. They make alot of "universal" ones out there, I wouldnt trust those though.You could just paint it though, or wrap it in that carbon fiber film.
As if every mod needs to serve a performance purpose?

You can use any of those universal ones as long as it has the right adapter, of which most come with. If it doesn't have a button, you might have to push down, then move to the correct position.

I'm looking for one myself...the stock one is hideous. There isn't too much of a "quality" when it comes to dodge, much less their base line, economy vehicles...

Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 PM
AirWolf

My husband custom did a 5speed shifter into a shorty auto shifter for me . Its in my photo galllery. One of the very few pics I left in there.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Mike594sxt
Professional

As if every mod needs to serve a performance purpose?
Thats notwhat I meant....Because OBVIOUSLY a shift **** does not have anything to do with performance.... Unless its a short throw shifter for mtx.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Mike594sxt

is there a difference when you change the manual shifter? its all aesthetic. yea i think airwolf changed hers. im good with the stock one, because i like it, and i think the universal ones never fit right, but thats just me. if you want to do it then go ahead and do it

Old 10-12-2007, 03:10 PM
AirWolf

Mines works better than the stock and I hate stock everything I have on my ride stock isnt going to be by next yr.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

I was also looking for a replacement **** for the auto a while back... not much to be found on e-bay... someone posted a link to one they bought, but were having a hard time getting it to work.... was having to modify it somehow to make the button work...
...diidn't really want to go the "push-down-to move" route, so I gave up

still may be able to find the post on here with maybe a "auto shift ****" search?

Quick Reply: Automatic Shift Knob