2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2nd gen help

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:40 AM
reaperof_evil
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd gen help

ok my friend is buying his first car a 2000 dodge neon with 111k highway miles power doors locks and sunroof for 1950 what are somethings to look for i drove the car and feels nice and drives good power locks need to be fixed and the sunroof aswell need alittle work but i dont know much about 2nd gens it was the first one i drove and hope someone can help me out so my friend dont get riped off.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:06 AM
Adionik
Champion
Default RE: 2nd gen help

Doing it in graphite form...

[ul][*]They almost always say "Highway miles"....be careful with that BS unless you know the person well.[*]Sunroon malfunction, breaking or whatever is a common problem amongst neons. Even if it works, don't expect it to last long. Mine hit 85k and threw a dump. Fixing it isn't as important as making sure it's sealed properly so you don't find out how wet rain is.[*]Check the motor mounts[*]Check Control Arm Bushings (Will most likely be toast)[*]Check tranny fluid and slipping if you test drive it[*]Don't put big spoiler
[/ul]

Old 10-17-2007, 01:54 PM
reaperof_evil
Veteran
Default RE: 2nd gen help

it has new motor mounts and tranny mounts trans fluid is good and it already has a big wing which acually looks pretty good