2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Trans swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007 | 02:23 AM
GrApHite03
Default RE: Trans swap

ORIGINAL: Pharmboy

the bill dumb a$$
dumb ***... thats funny. especially when you comparing a full engine build and probably some restoration to a simple transmission swap... in a neon none-the-less.

Edit: don't think i didn't catch your ninja edit

Old 11-10-2007 | 02:27 AM
Pharmboy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Pharmboy

the bill dumb a$$
dumb ***... thats funny. especially when you comparing a full engine build and probably some restoration to a simple transmission swap... in a neon none-the-less.

Edit: don't think i didn't catch your ninja edit
damn that was only there for like 10 sec

Old 11-10-2007 | 10:36 AM
neonxst05
Rookie

I will, I just want go ahead and get this pricing crap out of the way so everyone can get a good idea. Right now though we have a game with Alabama, lol.

Old 11-10-2007 | 12:38 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

I still think you're still BSin "I built up a jeep last year from the ground up" first this isn't a neon rebuild from the ground up

350 bored and stroked to 393 engine: short block or crate motor is going to cost anywhere from 4000-6000 new or more depending on accessories plus the work on boreing it and stroking it which is alot of money to even do that

ford 9 inch rear end, close to 800-1500 or more new PLUS customizing ford to jeep not too sure it will bolt right up

turbo 700 Trans (auto) probably 750-2000 new plus labor

I rewired the whole truck depening on what you wired 500-900 in labor

lift kit suspension on it, like 4 inches only, 1000 for the lift kit plus labor

you probably spent a good 40 hrs on this project or more! ammounting to 2000 in labor at only 50/hr

we're talking no more than 10-15 hrs for a neon trans swap plus 500 for the trans itself

Old 11-14-2007 | 09:20 PM
droppedexpressions

look ok im going to sum all this up i live in va beach i can get the mtx trans. for 75 bucks all the other parts 40 bucks and yes im doing the labor and its not that hard to pull a drivetrain done it plenty the hardest part to work on all custom four cylinder work is the ecu finding some one to chip or program it is hell and cost out the a** and dont ever say its cheaper to do a srt swap than a trans swap srt swap is realy exspansive the motor alone is over 1000 so dont talk out the side of ur neck

Old 11-14-2007 | 09:32 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

Whtdoesitmatter was going to sell me everything for a mtx swap for 500$. And its really not all that hard anyone with some decent help, time, and tools could to it. So Pharmboy stick to tractors.

Old 11-14-2007 | 11:13 PM
Pharmboy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Sawhiskey

Whtdoesitmatter was going to sell me everything for a mtx swap for 500$. And its really not all that hard anyone with some decent help, time, and tools could to it. So Pharmboy stick to tractors.
neonxst05askedhow much a shop would charge for everything, **** if it was about the cheapest it could possibly be done for then the answer is free,no ****. I don't care how much you can do it for, I'm giving an idea of what the shop charge would be, and said nothing about an srt swap, try rereading droppedexpressions. Has anyone gotten a quote yet? (from a real shop not some f&#@ing backyard mechanic, that dosen't apply here)try to prove me wrong.

Old 11-14-2007 | 11:34 PM
Pharmboy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Sawhiskey

man ***** you lol

Old 11-15-2007 | 12:08 AM
Pharmboy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: droppedexpressions

look ok im going to sum all this up i live in va beach i can get the mtx trans. for 75 bucks all the other parts 40 bucks and yes im doing the labor and its not that hard to pull a drivetrain done it plenty the hardest part to work on all custom four cylinder work is the ecu finding some one to chip or program it is hell and cost out the a** and dont ever say its cheaper to do a srt swap than a trans swap srt swap is realy exspansive the motor alone is over 1000 so dont talk out the side of ur neck
Just reread your post, do you have any idea of what you are talking about? "Chip or program"?No such thing. Aside from the new pcms,which aren't all that great, all you can use for a customizable setup that is readily available is megasquirt, no such "chip" exists, and it's nearly impossible to find someone to reprogram the stock pcm.

Old 11-15-2007 | 05:23 AM
Sawhiskey
All Star

Yea Yea Yea

Edit: I think the link that Graphite posted takes care of any questions and just proves you wrong pretty much. Check it out.

Quick Reply: Trans swap