2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

PCM

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 04:04 PM
TN.Frank
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCM

Something else that's a supprise for me is seeing people get 400+ HP out of a 4 cyl. I just can't understand how they can do it and not blow it sky high. Back in the day if you were getting 400-500 HP out of a V8 you were doing great but how they get it from a 4 cyl is a real puzzle.
I'd be happy with 175-200 HP out of my 2.0L. That'd give me some fun at the track and still give me good enough gas miliage to live with.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:15 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCM

ORIGINAL: TN.Frank

Something else that's a supprise for me is seeing people get 400+ HP out of a 4 cyl. I just can't understand how they can do it and not blow it sky high. Back in the day if you were getting 400-500 HP out of a V8 you were doing great but how they get it from a 4 cyl is a real puzzle.
I'd be happy with 175-200 HP out of my 2.0L. That'd give me some fun at the track and still give me good enough gas miliage to live with.
mmm... I agree. I want to have enough power to toy with, to have fun, and leave me with some room to still improve on, but still keep my car dependable.

mmm efficiency You can't beat how much power you can pull out of these small engines. You can really blame the imports for really pushing the demand for parts and such for small engine vehicles. Sometimes the computer is what makes or brakes some of these engines. So having everything set up just right is critical.

P.S. Mikey, me and you gotta chat on your M.S. and how that's working out.