2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How much HP could I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:54 AM
TN.Frank
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much HP could I expect?

I also noticed that they make a MicroSqurit that looks like it'd be easier to fool with. Also, when I'm talking HP I'm talking at the crank, not at the wheels. I know the Magnum 2.0L is suppose to make 150HP at the crank in stock form so it seems like a person could get 200HP at the crank with a really tricked out N/A 2.0L if they tuned it right.
As for NoS, a 50 shot is doing the same thing that a turbo kit at 6-8 psi would do, that is increase pressure and add fuel so I think a mild turbo kit would be ok on the 2.0L.
I'm not going to worry too much about it, I'll just wait until we get a new car for my wife then yank the 2.4L out of the Caravan and see about building it up to stick into the Neon.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:03 PM
blackflame
Captain

well when you talk at the crank that really screws everything up. Because if I'm right...tell me if im wrong guys. Adding an exhaust won't really do anything at the crank but at the wheels. Im pretty sure why you lose power at the crank is from lack of exhuast, intake, gearbox, and all that stuff. So thats why we don't talk crank hp.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: blackflame

well when you talk at the crank that really screws everything up. Because if I'm right...tell me if im wrong guys. Adding an exhaust won't really do anything at the crank but at the wheels. Im pretty sure why you lose power at the crank is from lack of exhuast, intake, gearbox, and all that stuff. So thats why we don't talk crank hp.
crank HP is directly related to wheel HP

if the crank HP doesnt go up, neither does you wheel HP

EDIT: unless it's a transmission mod. because you lose power through the trans

Old 11-15-2007, 12:16 PM
TN.Frank
Professional

Yep, crank HP and WHP are directly related. You lose about 20%(sometimes more, sometimes less) thru the transaxle, that's why WHP is lower then Crank HP, because of the inefficent way a gear box transmits power to the wheels.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:17 PM
blackflame
Captain

lasdjflkajdsf

But to the SRT-4 swap thing. The 3 reasons why im doing it is for the .4l, DOHC, and LSD. The price for a quaife is like $900 bucks...thats just for a small amount of what I want. I could get that and the whole nicely built SRT-4 motor for like...3000 bucks. One thing that i don't know about is that I would be paying for highperformance parts that I would be replacing from the SRT-4. I thought I had this all figured out lol. ugh...Now putting a Quaife on may be...not so bad lol. Hey graphite, do you remember your parts list from your 219whp neon? I would like to search it again. I mean....there would be nothing like beating an SRT-4 with your crap 2.0l(at least thats the reputation).

Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Adionik
Champion

I hear stand alone all the time. MEGASQUIRT STAND ALONE!

I think they're stupid ****s that don't even HAVE MS. Besides if graphite can put those numbers down on a stock NCG....screw MS

Old 11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

ok. crank HP is measured at the crank and an exhaust, cam, intake, any mod to the motor WILL effect this

Old 11-15-2007, 12:25 PM
blackflame
Captain

ok^ thats right. I got mixed up again lol.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Adionik

I hear stand alone all the time. MEGASQUIRT STAND ALONE!

I think they're stupid ****s that don't even HAVE MS. Besides if graphite can put those numbers down on a stock NCG....screw MS
didn't he have it turboed??

if you want to turbo a 2.0 you have to have some sort of aftermarket ECU

Old 11-15-2007, 12:36 PM
blackflame
Captain

I did some research on the prices. I found that an LSD is only 500 which is what the 04-05 SRT-4 has that im aware of. The quaife is 1200 but better than an LSD i guess lol. Put comparing what I would need to make SRT-4 power I guess its about the same price.

so my question is now. Graphite, how much more power would have been possible to you? What was holding you back? Was it just the stock computer holding you back?

Random question. If I bought a stage1 turbo. Then bought a stage2 would it be a waste? Does stage2 come with the same parts has stage1? It wouldn't make sense to me to settle for a lower standard to just buy it again with better parts. It would be nice to buy stage1 then get what I need to be better(like an intercooler). I don't know anything about the stages though lol. EDIT: btw, I'm talking about hahn.

Quick Reply: How much HP could I expect?