2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Official 2nd gen offtopic thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:25 PM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official 2nd gen offtopic thread...

ORIGINAL: Sawhiskey

Yeah I enjoy it but it gets annoying. Esp when peices dont fit right and you gotta do the whole trial and error to get it fitted properly. Plus I hate climbing inside like 3 foot od pipe and carbon arcing the back gouge a weld.
Oh, i feel ya... We did alot of work for the fishing industry. Alot of repair work on fishing boats. stink! OMG it was nasty.

Ha, but what do you do mosly sit at a computer and did bc an bs pay you to move out to HI?
Imma play some COD4 now, be back hehe.
Ya, i'm behind a desk... not bad. They didn't pay me to move out, but offered me $15k more for doing the same job i did for BC & BS of MA

Old 12-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

Yeah I enjoy it but it gets annoying. Esp when peices dont fit right and you gotta do the whole trial and error to get it fitted properly. Plus I hate climbing inside like 3 foot od pipe and carbon arcing the back gouge a weld.
Oh, i feel ya... We did alot of work for the fishing industry. Alot of repair work on fishing boats. stink! OMG it was nasty.

Ha, but what do you do mosly sit at a computer and did bc an bs pay you to move out to HI?
Imma play some COD4 now, be back hehe.
Ya, i'm behind a desk... not bad. They didn't pay me to move out, but offered me $15k more for doing the same job i did for BC & BS of MA

Well all I can say is nice find on the desk job. Im sure its boring and time creeks by but, it has its many advantages.

With the nasty work, we do alot of repair work for big industries, Dupont, Sunoco, Siemans, GE, when they do their shutdowns and they will bring stuff to us that has been in the feild for 40 years an had toxic acids running through it. It can get really bad at times.

So what kind of welding did you do, cause most boats are aluminum I think? We do alot of other work too, we make chocolate tanks/mixers for hershey, godiva, and masterfoods. We make all kinds of pressure vessels and alot of code pipe and flange work. I can say its fun picking up 10 tons with a crane and moving it around. Our company also has a big burn and roll shop that we do some odd jobs for people, and lastly the machine shop which does the same.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
GrApHite03

stick, mig, and tig... the big 3. We've done magnesium and titanium many times. Titanium for the acid batch machines like you mentioned. For the boats and the processing plantsit was mostly stainless (304L).

desk job can get boring at times, but believe it or not its quite exhausting also when its busy. Different kind of exhausting as you know and i knew... mental exhaustion.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM
contagious19
Champion

i never left da state

Old 12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: contagious19

i never left da state
that's very unfortunate

Old 12-10-2007, 05:45 PM
contagious19
Champion

ORIGINAL: contagious19

i never left da state
that's very unfortunate
i kno, im planning on goin to florida or hawaii for summer wit my girlfriend so ima look into dat.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:48 PM
GrApHite03

let me know if you come to ohau... i can tell ya what hotels are junk and which are not when you start looking. Also i can point you to some cool places to see and things to do.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:53 PM
contagious19
Champion

let me know if you come to ohau... i can tell ya what hotels are junk and which are not when you start looking. Also i can point you to some cool places to see and things to do.
yea if all goes well ill let u kno. hawaii sounds nice

Old 12-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

We do mostly Mig, Tig at my company, we havent done Mag or Ti, but we do alot of different Stainless grades, whatever the customer asks for basicly. We also have done inconel andchromoly.
I know what it is like to be mentally exhausted.

Contagious, you do live in Cali, leaving you many place to go w/o leaving the state. But, you are soo close to soo many cool places to go, if I were you Id be in Vancouver often. I just love travel, I try to leave the country once a year.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:26 PM
contagious19
Champion

actually i used to live in frisco, and i live 45 minutes from da state capital sacramento. its nice and i been to disneyland, universal studios, knotts berry farm, magic mountain, great america, santa cruz boardwalk which is a nice place also. there is many places but i wouldnt mind leaving da state and c wat else is outhere

Quick Reply: Official 2nd gen offtopic thread...