rear window/roof spoiler..yah or nay

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Pablodragon
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rear window/roof spoiler..yah or nay

ORIGINAL: Izero
http://www.carbonbydesign.com/prodde...=srt4%5Fvortex try that instead...... i just dont like that little antenna thing in the center of the one from JCwit.... so yea gl
wow, can u say "double the price"? they are both actual carbon fiber, so what are u payin extra for with the other one?... a name?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:45 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

noooooooooo

Old 12-12-2007, 08:45 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

sorry, don't mean to thread jack, but is that the wings west fender flares? I kinda like those... i wonder if it'll flow with just a stock neon with lip kit...

Old 12-12-2007, 11:02 PM
GrApHite03

^^ please don't. your car is clean as hell as it is. they look cheap when up close.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:12 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

really? well so much for that idea... because i was thinking about repainting my car because the bubbling of the paint on the door underneath the door molding seems to be getting worse (can see it up close like a foot or two) and my rear bumper had a dent that seems to have been popped out but left a light crease which looks obvious at night and it seems like half the rear bumper had been repainted because of that and i believe they did not put a layer of clear coat on it so i get glossy shine on half the bumper at night, and add in the fact that just 2 months ago i had a hit and run in the parking lot at my university and it dented and scratched my rear fender and the bottom of the rear door (you can see the dent at the rear bottom of the rear door in my sig picture). Soo... i'm thinking about getting some dent tools and bondo and repainting the whole thing... so, i was just wondering if i basically fg and bondo the fenderflare into the chasis and repaint over it, do you think it'll work? instead of just double side taping it making it look like some cheap plastic over it? I'm open to opinions

Old 05-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

Post revival... was stumbling thru the net and this JC Whitney site, and noticed that this item is now in the outlet section, they dropped the price to around 100 bucks

still seems like alot and still don't know why the Carbon by Design one is more than double the price (??)

Old 05-03-2008, 01:28 PM
AirWolf

Only reason why cbd is more casue its a vortex generator and its c/f and the one from jc looks cheap and not cf. If I go with a srt cf hood and trunk for my sxt I will go with one of the vortex generators and pvo wing. Hey if you like it than I would get it would look nice on your ride.

Old 05-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Pablodragon
All Star

hmmm.. then how does JC Whitley get away with blatantly calling this carbon fiber right in the title... then this in the description...

Genuine carbon fiber costs less than many imitations so you will save while improving the look of your car.

Wouldn't they be in trouble, legally?

Old 05-03-2008, 08:53 PM
whtdoesitmatter
Captain

thats like i got into a fight with a dealership cuz they mis labled the price of a brand new sti on yahoo autos and said 13,858 for an 08 sti with 6 miles n if only if u print out the page u get the special internet pricing is what it said...they fought with me saying it was all just typed wrong an all this **** n changed the price to almost 40k

Old 05-03-2008, 10:03 PM
AirWolf

Well if you go look at cbd they have better not cheap cf material . Ive had so many cf mods from cbd they are top of the notch for carbon fiber mods. jc is known for cheap mods. Ive gotten some stuff from them that wasnt pretty crappy. So if you want somthing that is a knock off of the cbd vortex generator than go for it . But for my mild but getting wilder soon show ride Im getting the real deal for the money well worth cbd stuff.

Quick Reply: rear window/roof spoiler..yah or nay