2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Dirty engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 03:26 PM
contagious19
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dirty engine bay

i buy orange brite engine cleaner and spray da engine and wipe it off wit a towel

Old 12-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Pharmboy
Veteran

+1 for the orange can of engine degreaser, I bring mine to the self car wash, spray it down with engine degreaser, wait 5 min (pisses poeple off and lets the degreaser work), and then just spray it down with soap water and rinse. If you have an exposed a filter you may want to cover it with a garbage bag or something and avoid it, but other than that pretty much everything is water proof. avoid the obvious things like air filter and fuse box. It's funny cause my car is dirty as hell because it's been snowing and with the salt and all, but last weekend i opened the hood, and everything in there was clean as hell.

Old 12-12-2007, 08:58 PM
dodgeneonz
Veteran

get "simple green" from like walmart or something and spray it all over the engine bay (i didn't cover anything though) and let it sit for like 2 - 5 mins... then i use the car wash pressure washer to rinse it down... i try to keep it like 2 or 3 feet away though so the pressure isn't as strong... then try to wipe it down as much as i can after the wash. Drive home and enjoy my clean engine bay...

Old 12-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

thanks. I plan on cleaning my car again soon after the lip gets put on for new photos

Quick Reply: Dirty engine bay