2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

indy intake, or rt manifold???

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: indy intake, or rt manifold???

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

by the sounds of it i should go with the indy, i am running an ms, and dont feel like ****ing with anymore wiring, lol....... so i deff think i am going with the used indy...., modifying things r not a big deal to me, but i hate wiring, lol, thanks for the input, and let me know when u r ready to sell lblackneon, i have not had a chance to pull my intake off yet, it has been a cold and snowy weekend....... got hit with about a foot of snow, and lots of drifts.....grrrrr
you can wire the ms to open and close the butterflies thats what i'm going to do. i just havent had a chance to do it yet, and its a little tricky to have it go open with those rpms and at WOT i need to mess with some settings

Old 12-18-2007, 11:17 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

yeah, i kinda figured that, lol, but would i need to have the baffles operate pushing that much horsepower, like stated above??

Old 12-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i dont think it would make much of a difference.... i mean if it was an N/A 400hp u might want to use them so they open up at higher RPMS but with FI you are forcing charged (compressed) air into the engine so you would just be restricting that charged air.... which would actually be a waste of spooling your turbo... if it didn't restict the air it would actually increase the velocity of the air, which would also increase the temp. of the air which could cause the fuel to ignite before you want it to (PING).... so yea NOT GOOD.... so if i were you i wouldn't go with a plenum type intake....or a log type....i'd try and make a custom design that would eliminate the vacuum in the last cylinder and is extremly efficient.... i would say the Indy is fine its just gonna take a bunch of pain in the *** work to make it fit, also how much boost are you going to run if u dont mind me asking?

Old 12-19-2007, 08:31 AM
dtjackten

with nitrous, i want to run about 15-20 lbs of boost, i saw the intake manifold on the one is sport compact car running 400hp, and it is a short design also, but prolly running nitrous i will want to run 15 lbs, i want to keep the car fairly realiable, but i only plan on running the nitrous twice, once on the track, and once on the dyno... i do not want to go crazy and have the stroker kit thati had put together on the bottom end to blow, NOT GOOD, lol.... oh yeah, it is a 100 shot that i plan on running.....

Old 12-19-2007, 01:13 PM
lblackneon
Champion

There u go.
http://www.roachracing.net/

Old 12-19-2007, 01:32 PM
dtjackten

i love that car, just wish he did not make it look like a srt[:'(]

Quick Reply: indy intake, or rt manifold???