2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 06:57 PM
KingsHockeyFan1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical issue

I have a 2004 Neon with the following problem:
I left town for a week, when I returned my neon refused to start. I quickly assumed dead battery. Pulled around my working vehicle, hooked up the cables....nada. When I turn the key I get no indication the engine is attempting to turn over. My cel flashes, my odometer flashes "fuse". I dont receive any "p" codes. I have checked fuses and relays in the engine compartment and in the dash. When I attempt to start the car I can hear the relays in the power dist box clicking away but nothing beyond that. My horn no longer works, fans wont turn on, key fob wont lock doors, lights wont turn on.
Any ideas....

Kris

Old 12-31-2007, 07:42 PM
Undesolved
Veteran
Default RE: electrical issue

alternator?

Old 12-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

when FUSE shows up it's usually the BUS fuse in the engine bay. the one with the plastic clip on it. check that.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:25 AM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

check the bus like said above...... second do you have an alarm?? and third ........... Kings suck!!! GO REDWINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta love our record this year!!!!!!!!!! just playin... anyways see my first questions!!! [/align]

Old 01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
KingsHockeyFan1

....I pulled the only fuse that had a clip on it...the fuse was fine (wasnt labled as a bus fuse??), I also pulled the fuel filter relay to reset the ecu. Neither appeared to work. I was frustrated and decided to remove the sirius radio I had installed in the car 3 years ago, while I was pulling out unit wiring I noticed that my windshield wipers tried to move and my door open chime started to sound. Maybe after 3 years of rattling in the dashboard the unit had shorted through the radio power somehow??? Anyway, realizing that my battery was for sure dead by now, I hooked up the jumper cables and viola....the car came to life. I dont know for sure if it was the reseating of the clipped fuse, the resetting of the fuel filter relay or a short caused by the radio, but I do know that this forum ( this post and others helped me ) Thank you everybody....

While the Kings are struggling this year, no doubt, they are my team and I cheer for them. Give them a couple more years to get their rebuilt team together and the wings will have to worry when LA is in town.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:21 PM
NHARINTON
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: KingsHockeyFan1

....I pulled the only fuse that had a clip on it...the fuse was fine (wasnt labled as a bus fuse??), I also pulled the fuel filter relay to reset the ecu. Neither appeared to work. I was frustrated and decided to remove the sirius radio I had installed in the car 3 years ago, while I was pulling out unit wiring I noticed that my windshield wipers tried to move and my door open chime started to sound. Maybe after 3 years of rattling in the dashboard the unit had shorted through the radio power somehow??? Anyway, realizing that my battery was for sure dead by now, I hooked up the jumper cables and viola....the car came to life. I dont know for sure if it was the reseating of the clipped fuse, the resetting of the fuel filter relay or a short caused by the radio, but I do know that this forum ( this post and others helped me ) Thank you everybody....

While the Kings are struggling this year, no doubt, they are my team and I cheer for them. Give them a couple more years to get their rebuilt team together and the wings will have to worry when LA is in town.

glad ya got if fixed!!!

the only team we have really struggled with this year is PHX..... why i dont know cause we are way better then them but some how they get us.....
remember the 19th... 6-2 wings.... and well get ya one more time!!!
I used to go to Kings games as a kid when i lived in So. Cal.... Good to see another Hockey fan on here!!!!!!
[/align] [/align]

Quick Reply: electrical issue