2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Selling my '05 SXT Neon.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:51 PM
TN.Frank
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my '05 SXT Neon.

Well, I'm giving up. I just don't have the money to put into this car to make it run the way I want it to run. I really don't want to get into adding a MegaSqurit and all just so I can adjust my dang timing and fuel mixture so I'm selling the car and putting the funds toward a '68-'72 VW Bug. It's something I can build and tune to my hearts content without all the hassle of haing a computer to mess with. If anyone is interested I'm in Central/East Tennessee and I'm asking $9500 or best reasonable offer. Check my sig line for a link to pics and the mods that I have done to the car. Thanks. Talk to ya'll later.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Default RE: Selling my '05 SXT Neon.

Welp it sucks your giving up. Goodluck selling her. Give her a good home!!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 06:49 PM
TN.Frank
Professional

Like Dirty Harry once said, "A man's got to know his limitations." and I'm just too Old School to get into all this computer stuff just to tweak my timing. I'd like to build up a 90.5X78mm(2007cc) VW engine with dual 44 IDF's and all the "bells and whistles". Hook that to a good transaxle and I can run mid-13's all day long in the 1/4 mile. For me Bugs are just an easier way to go. I've owned 3 of em' in the past and had no trouble doing whatever I wanted to em'. They're simple, there's a ton of parts available and inexpensive and there's no DAMN COMPUTER to deal with.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:34 PM
TN.Frank
Professional

Remember, I said Any Reasonable Offer, so don't be afraid to make an offer. The worst I can do is say "No" and who knows, you may just catch me in the proper mood and take it home for less then you think. Also, if anyone has a rust free, decent condition '68-'72 Standard VW Bug they'd part with you can use it as part trade.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 AM
TN.Frank
Professional

BTT. Ok, how about $8500 cash. Can't go any lower, I've got way to much into this car. It is a nice car, just don't like computers on cars, THAT'S ALL. If it wasn't for that I'd keep it but I want something I can mod without having to worry about having a CEL on all the time,LOL. Talk to me people.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:38 PM
lucky_seven

Isn't there a flash tuner for them?

Old 01-07-2008, 06:31 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

No, there is no flash tuner. Good luck selling, I highly doubt you'll see that number but you can try.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:20 PM
TN.Frank
Professional

If I can't get $8500 out of it I'll just drive the hell out of it until it takes a dump then park it in the back 40, throw a gallon of gas on it and burn the POS. LOL.
Really though, the dealer I got it from had it listed at over $12.5K, I'm sure I can get $8.5K out of it, it's a really clean little car. It's just the damn NGC computer system that stops me from doing what I want to do with it.

Quick Reply: Selling my '05 SXT Neon.