ORIGINAL: contagious19

did u get ur tires from da tirerack? cus dats how mine came in
Mine came the same way from them.

And Spikey, nice work, intercooler looks pretty. hehe

Old 01-09-2008 | 09:45 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Default RE: The Official SpikeyMikey87 Turbo Progress thread

KEEP IT UP SPIKEY....... i got all i wanted to done last night, exept gutting the interior

Old 01-09-2008 | 09:59 AM
blackflame
Captain

not to rob this topic from spikey but while we wait...

dtjackten,
So...about your car. What turbo are you using, srt-4s? Do you know how much whp/tq your are getting? annnddd have you been to the track?

Old 01-09-2008 | 10:12 AM
NeonOn19s
Captain

Lookin good.... your not doing the water cooled part?? I thought that if the turbo uses both water and oil you have to use it. If that is the case, then I"m only going to use oil... Less messy Looking good... keep it up

Old 01-09-2008 | 10:54 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i am using a t3t4, non srt, 55 trim.... it is accually off of a old tbird turbo coupe, they r just t3s from the factory but i had a guy build it up to a t4.....

i have had it to the track one time, best time was a 13.98....i never remember the mph though....

i have not had the car dynoed, so not sure 100% of what hp, and tq it has for sure..... when i get the new engine broke in i am going to get it dynoed...but i have alot of tuning to do before i can do that....

with any luck i will be in the 12s by the end of the summer, but that may be pushing it....

Old 01-09-2008 | 08:32 PM
Izero
Champion

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

i am using a t3t4, non srt, 55 trim.... it is accually off of a old tbird turbo coupe, they r just t3s from the factory but i had a guy build it up to a t4.....

i have had it to the track one time, best time was a 13.98....i never remember the mph though....

i have not had the car dynoed, so not sure 100% of what hp, and tq it has for sure..... when i get the new engine broke in i am going to get it dynoed...but i have alot of tuning to do before i can do that....

with any luck i will be in the 12s by the end of the summer, but that may be pushing it....
come pick my *** up when its ready... i need some constructive motivation... lol

Old 01-09-2008 | 08:52 PM
spikeymikey87
|
Record Breaker

1-9-08: Another beautiful day in NJ. it was supposed to rain all day, and it did for a bit in the morning, but then the sun came out and it was in the 50s. today was a good day, i:
-took all of my exhaust off. i actually had to take the header off still attached to the cat and wiggle it as far back as i could so i could get my impact gun to the nut that was half stripped, and completely rusted on. the impact gun made short work of it and it came right off.
-took off the heat shields from the header. there was an upper and lower, and then one underneith that was made out of a more maliable material that i may flatten and use on my firewall.
-took off a bracket that held the header. it was in my way, and was unneccesary anymore.
-took a hammer and knocked back some of the firewall. i wrapped a hammer in a towel and hit it lol. i know theres not a lot of room there so every cm counts
-found out that my fuel system does not stay pressurised when the car is off for a while. that cant be good. i had to move something around the fuel line and i was gonna release the pressure carefully with the schrader valve but there was nothing there, and i took the quick connect off and no pressure.
-drained coolant
-took the stock coolant overflow bottle out. it had this brownish goo in it, which can't be good lol...o well
-put vacuum lines on the turbo. 2 nipples are big and 1 is small. i have 1 size boost line...yay i have to force stuff haha
-took wastegate off. it wont fit behind the engine. i think i probably have to take the actual turbo out of the manifold to get it to fit.
-took weatherstripping off the top of engine bay. took all of 5 sec but it looks like i did more stuff lol.
-got my new modified oil pan and installed it. expensive little thing. $112 for the whole thing because they had to make a new pipe for me since the one i brought them to weld on was steel instead of aluminum, but i didnt know. they had to machine a nice little pipe for me and the kid that actually did it was someone that i went to high school with and i haven't seen him since then.
-bought more tubing that actually fits on the tube of my oil pan. its a little bigger than the one on the stock oil return line for the turbo, but some hose clamps should fix that, and i dont really have a choice. there isnt that much pressure behind it anyway.
-bought more piping for intercooler.I dont think the cold side pipe wil reach my throttle body so i got a small pipe that i can put in between hopefully. i also got a 2" elbow that i can hoefully finagle the charge pipe around my power steering cooler because that looks like a pain to move and i hope that will do the job.
-took the stock oil pressure sender off. i actually bought a special socket for it, but it wasnt long enough, so a nice vice grip did the job. it actually came out very easily.
-assembled some of my oil pressure sender holder/oil feed line for turbo contraption.
-got another booboo

and now onto the pics yay!!!

my car is taking a **** test:

Name:  Picture001-2.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  59.7 KB

EVO O2 HOUSING FTMFW!!!!!:

Name:  Picture002-2.jpg
Size:  106.3 KB

Out with the old:

Name:  Picture003-1.jpg
Size:  129.3 KB

Theres more room in there:

Name:  Picture004-1.jpg
Size:  84.9 KB

I'm doing stuff right this time. little baggies with labels and everything:

Name:  Picture005-2.jpg
Size:  133.2 KB

Old coolant overflow bottle:

Name:  Picture006-1.jpg
Size:  134.6 KB

Even more room now:

Name:  Picture007.jpg
Size:  146.7 KB

Vacuum lines hooked up:

Name:  Picture008-2.jpg
Size:  98.3 KB

Had to take wastegate off:

Name:  Picture009-1.jpg
Size:  102.3 KB

Engine bay shot with empty space:

Name:  Picture010-1.jpg
Size:  96.2 KB

Modified oil pan:

Name:  Picture011-1.jpg
Size:  162.4 KB

Closeup on the weld:

Name:  Picture012-2.jpg
Size:  116.6 KB

And thats what an open engine looks like from the bottom:

Name:  Picture013-1.jpg
Size:  126.7 KB

Yes thats a $20 torque wrench, i but i havent really torqued anything:

Name:  Picture014-1.jpg
Size:  98.3 KB

Some of my contaption:

Name:  Picture016.jpg
Size:  76.9 KB

This is what it will look like:

Name:  Picture017-1.jpg
Size:  125.9 KB

Oil pressure sender on the block:

Name:  Picture018-1.jpg
Size:  96.6 KB

And thats what it looks like off the block:

Name:  Picture019.jpg
Size:  52.4 KB

Wrong tool, notice how it doesnt fit:

Name:  Picture020.jpg
Size:  118.7 KB

The right tool, it fits almost anything:

Name:  Picture021.jpg
Size:  126.1 KB

Ready to go on the block:

Name:  Picture022.jpg
Size:  68.2 KB

My new booboo. i pinchec my pinky and theres a little blood bubble. it gets worse and worse every day, i dont think i can take another injury lol:

Name:  Picture015.jpg
Size:  37.4 KB

and thats it for today, i hope to finish within the next few days

wish me luck
-mike

Old 01-09-2008 | 10:11 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

Looking good.

Old 01-09-2008 | 10:14 PM
Andpto
All Star

the oil pressure sender is that the stock one? thats where i would hook up the T joint for an oil pressure gauge right?

Also if there was oil in the engine would it come out from there or would it be in the pan?

Old 01-09-2008 | 10:53 PM
spikeymikey87
|
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Andpto

the oil pressure sender is that the stock one? thats where i would hook up the T joint for an oil pressure gauge right?

Also if there was oil in the engine would it come out from there or would it be in the pan?
not sure mine dripped out a little, but theres no oil in the engine. i would do it during an oil change. its a pain though becase i cant see how you can do it with the exhaust on

Quick Reply: The Official SpikeyMikey87 Turbo Progress thread