Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: blue colored bulbs?

ORIGINAL: Yako

ORIGINAL: neon03se

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

I say every state laws are different . Look at the new rides out there they have blue headlights and they are stock . So just give them a try and see if you get pulled over or not they will just give you a warning anyways. I have had goldish/blueish hid like bulbs in my black housings for about a yr now and no problems with my cops here.
the stock headlights that are "blue" are actually white with a very small blue-ish tint, they HIDs which are street legal. I'm pretty sure that you can not have any other lights other than white or amber. Don't risk it, put some stock bulbs in there or some Silverstars, if they are street legal HIDs, I would say just leave them in
(impersonating cop)
license and registration? (recives imformation)
do u know why i pulled u over sir?(pauses)
ur front turn signals are supposed to edmit an amber color not that funky color u got on, i'll just let u go with a warning this time..
(peeks inside the car and sees a mariguana joint on the carpet)
sir im gonnahave toask u to step outside of the car (calls for backup, arrests guy, inspects car and when they open trunk they find over 200kg of cocaine and mariguana along with an ak45 and some other guns, 10 different passports with same guy but different names and a briefcase with $55,000 in it) all because u had a different color turn signal
what the hell is an AK45.....?

Old 01-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Yako
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude i dont know much about guns, aint it supposed to be some kind of rifle? i heard someone sayin that in a song, anyways the point is dont listen to stupid people

Old 01-09-2008, 09:04 PM
Undesolved
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Izero

what the hell is an AK45.....?

*turns on russian accent* Eeees like ak 47 but better cawse eeees more russian!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:30 PM
lavaman

Thank you for the info everyone. Some of your responses are pretty funny.

For now, I guess I'll just leave them in and see what happens. Hopefully I won't get pulled over. I'm not sure what the law says here in Utah.

Thanks again everyone. This is great forum for newbies like myself who only know the basics about cars/mechanics.

Derek

Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Yako
Captain

http://www.le.state.ut.us/~code/TITLE41/41_04.htm

41-6a-1604. Motor vehicle head lamp, tail lamps, stop lamps, and other lamps -- Requirements.
(1) A motor vehicle shall be equipped with at least two head lamps with at least one on each side of the front of the motor vehicle.
(2) (a) A motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, and any other vehicle which is being drawn at the end of a combination of vehicles, shall be equipped with at least two tail lamps and two or more red reflectors mounted on the rear.
(b) (i) Except as provided under Subsections (2)(b)(ii), (2)(c), and Section 41-6a-1612, all stop lamps or other lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.
(ii) A turn signal or hazard warning light may be red or yellow.
(c) Either a tail lamp or a separate lamp shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear registration plate.
(3) (a) A motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, and pole trailer shall be equipped with two or more stop lamps and flashing turn signals.
(b) A supplemental stop lamp may be mounted on the rear of a vehicle, if the supplemental stop lamp:
(i) emits a red light;
(ii) is mounted:
(A) and constructed so that no light emitted from the device, either direct or reflected, is visible to the driver;
(B) not lower than 15 inches above the roadway; and
(C) on the vertical center line of the vehicle; and
(iii) is the size, design, and candle power that conforms to federal standards regulating stop lamps.
(4) (a) Each head lamp, tail lamp, supplemental stop lamp, flashing turn lamp, other lamp, or reflector required under this part shall comply with the requirements and limitations established under Section 41-6a-1601.
(b) The department, by rules made under Section 41-6a-1601, may require trucks, buses, motor homes, motor vehicles with truck-campers, trailers, semitrailers, and pole trailers to have additional lamps and reflectors.
(5) The department, by rules made under Section 41-6a-1601, may allow:
(a) one tail lamp on any vehicle equipped with only one when it was made;
(b) one stop lamp on any vehicle equipped with only one when it was made; and
(c) passenger cars and trucks with a width less than 80 inches and manufactured or assembled prior to January 1, 1953, need not be equipped with electric turn signal lamps.
two things i already said, no matter what state ur in, and dont listen to idiots,

Quick Reply: blue colored bulbs?