2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

question about headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:37 PM
swimmer07
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about headlights

ok so have any of you guys/girls had problems with people thinking that your brights are on when they arent with the halo projectors??? just wondering if i need to switch the wires or something.. my low beams, as of right now, arepretty wide and high, and then my high beams as they are, are brighter than the low beams but are narrower and not as high.. so yea, just give me some input please!!
oh and the low beams still allow the fog lights to come on...

Old 01-21-2008, 12:30 AM
contagious19
Champion
Default RE: question about headlights

lol yea i have da same problem. im just drivin and someone flashes me their highs thikin i have my highs on and i just flash them back. just adjust ur low beams to aim lower.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:51 AM
swimmer07
Veteran

i know there are screws to do it, but where arethey? and do you have the problems with width and brightness to?

Old 01-21-2008, 12:58 AM
contagious19
Champion

imo i like da output i have no problem wit them. and da widthness is cool. pop da hood n look towards ur lights 4rm above and u should see a screws in da back

Old 01-21-2008, 01:05 AM
swimmer07
Veteran

ok cool, i appreciate it.. thanks for the input

Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 AM
contagious19
Champion

no problem, i do have to adjust my highs because one aims up and da other down

Old 01-21-2008, 08:36 AM
blocks885
Veteran

usually that's that beauty of HID's/projectors. is how much wider and broader they direct out... i've seen a lot of other cars with them and they brighten up the whole roadway, i can't wait to get projectors with hid's.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:07 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

its because people dont understand how a projector works. there is a cutoff of light. as you hit a bump in the road, the front end goes up a bit and therefore moves the cutoff up a little. the light is bright and is put into the eyes of someone coming towards you and it looks like you are flashing your high beams. the cutoff is there so that the lights are legal, it keeps the light out of oncoming traffic's eyes. theres really nothing you can do about it, its just like that on stock vehicles with hid projectors.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:58 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

also a projector refracts light backwards (back into the bulb) this is why HIDs are generally used with factory Projectors as you need that extra power to get through the projector and out onto the road... but i also agree 100% with spikey... if i were you guys i'd just adjust them a little lower... on my reg. headlights the adjuster scews broke on both of them so my lows are soooo high its crazy... but i have my '03 bumper and im just waiting till spring time to finish painting it and putting it on the car with my new '03+ headlights.... i might also get a set of projectors but if i do i want HIDs but i want hi/low HID system... anyone have any suggestions about which kit to go with that will allow both high and low beams as i want to be able to pass inspection without having to disconnect the HIDs every time i get inspected.... so yea

Quick Reply: question about headlights