2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

door panels

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Mat00ES
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door panels

Anyone have a diagram for removing them? Damn chrome door handles have to go.

Mat

Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 AM
mjj1587
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: door panels

You dont need a diagram...the door panels are held on by clips...if u have auto. windows & mirrors the first thing u wanna do is pop off the cover for those (use a flat head screw driver but be careful not to scratch the panel) and disconnect the harnesses connected to the buttons. After u have that off & disconnected..I like to start down by the speaker with a flat head screw driver (out of sight as much as possible if u DO scratch something). Once I pop the panel off enough to get my hand in there, stop using the screw driver and continue the rest of the way around the door. Once u get to the top its pretty simple..kinda gotta lift the panel off. You're not done yet...there are 2 metal arms that connect to the handle and the lock...those are simply held on by plastic clips...be careful when u take them off not to crack the plastic or ur SOL! ... pop those off and remember which one is which cuz they look the same...after u have those disconnected ur good to go....AGAIN...those are instructions for power windows and power mirrors...not sure about crank windows / manual mirrors as i have never dealt with those before....Good Luck!

Quick Reply: door panels