2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

CAI Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008 | 10:14 PM
GrApHite03
Default RE: CAI Opinion

ORIGINAL: 96ACR*

and when i say -40 thats celcius...
Well, -40 degrees Celsius is equal to -40 Fahrenheit... If you know your conversions well, you'll know that is not proportionate throughout the scale. When you get that low in temperature it tends to even out. Now when i say mid 60's at night i mean Fahrenheit. (18 - 20 C)

Old 01-23-2008 | 12:32 AM
ewetho
All Star

I like the K&N Typhoon but any decent properly made CAI will do fine. AEM or K&N are good. One thing I would recommend is a thing called a Drycharger from K&N that is a pre-filter that goes over the K&N filter to keep the large stuff off and works GREAT!!! K&N are notorious for passing dirt into the engine but mine was absolutely spotless inside.

Old 01-23-2008 | 08:44 AM
beemik

I don't know the specifics but i'm pretty sure cars are tuned to different geographic locations of sale. A car intended for sale in Honolulu for example would be tuned differently then say a car in NorthBay Ontario. Altitude, humidity and high and low temperatures would all be accounted for when factory tuning. I'm from Barrie just north of Toronto and a winter cold that takes your breath away isn't uncommon. But it also gets into the 30's in the summer!

Old 01-23-2008 | 08:29 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: beemik

I don't know the specifics but i'm pretty sure cars are tuned to different geographic locations of sale. A car intended for sale in Honolulu for example would be tuned differently then say a car in NorthBay Ontario. Altitude, humidity and high and low temperatures would all be accounted for when factory tuning. I'm from Barrie just north of Toronto and a winter cold that takes your breath away isn't uncommon. But it also gets into the 30's in the summer!
And this is where the NGC computer in the 2003+ cars shine! no need for special tuning. This is why and SRT-4 or even our neons will run the same 1/4 mile time wherther they are in Orlando, FL or Denver, CO. Although i think with the new EFI engines what you mention is a thing of the past. It would be too much of a hassel now-a-days with the way cars are auctioned off and transfered from here to there.

Quick Reply: CAI Opinion