2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

a couple of dilemmas

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:40 AM
Dorin_82
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a couple of dilemmas

first, i have the p0456 code on my obd. but it only comes on when the wheather gets cold. i changed the fuel tank cap, but nothing. i checked the lines as far as i could, they all look fine. any ideas? i don't want to change the canister for nothing.
and second, i want to lower my neon. i want to go with the eibach sportline, cause i'd like to lower the back a little more than the front, but i'm afraid that 2.0 front and 2.4 the back might be a little to much. i'm in florida now, the streets are ok here, but i'll go back to cape cod, mass. it,s not to bad there, but is not like here. my question, anybody using the sportline on neon? how are they? i wouldn't mind some pictures, see how 2.0 lowered looks like.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:22 AM
TN.Frank
Professional
Default RE: a couple of dilemmas

Modern Performance has a set of springs, Think they're the Pro or something like that, that'll lower your car 1.5" front and 1.8" rear. They're the ones that I plan on going with in the future.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:21 PM
contagious19
Champion

did u disconnect the negative cable after u changed da cap and wait 5 minutes to connect it bak?

Old 01-23-2008, 06:28 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: Dorin_82

first, i have the p0456 code on my obd. but it only comes on when the wheather gets cold. i changed the fuel tank cap, but nothing. i checked the lines as far as i could, they all look fine. any ideas? i don't want to change the canister for nothing.
and second, i want to lower my neon. i want to go with the eibach sportline, cause i'd like to lower the back a little more than the front, but i'm afraid that 2.0 front and 2.4 the back might be a little to much. i'm in florida now, the streets are ok here, but i'll go back to cape cod, mass. it,s not to bad there, but is not like here. my question, anybody using the sportline on neon? how are they? i wouldn't mind some pictures, see how 2.0 lowered looks like.
Cape Cod huh... I'm originally from that area. Lived in Marstons Mills for a little while before moving off Cape to Fairhaven/New Bedford/Fall River. Got my two year degree at Cape Cod Community College, Worked in Hyannis & Falmouth for a while. Also spent alot of time in the Summers on Martha's Vineyard.

The roads are alot worse than OK... A two inch drop doesn't leave much sus[pension travle for New England pot holes and frost heaves. Hope your kidneys are in good shape because they won't be after a while at that drop. Once you get there check out my site/forum. www.fycracing.com About 60-70% of the members are from MA & New England. We hold huge meets multiple times a year, but you won't see me at them... only cuz i'm about 6000 miles away.

Also a pin hole in any of those hoses by the gas take will pop that code.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

lower it 1.5 inches, from what i have read it is a comfortable ride.

as for the code make sure you check the hoses again. I had that same code and had a cracked hose, once the new one was on it cleared the code immediately and haven't seen it since

Old 01-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Dorin_82
Professional

i have a obd diagnostic tool, so i erase it every time it apeears. but only when it gets cold outside, like under 70-65 degrees, after i start the engine, cold, it turns on. if it's warm or hot outside, i don't have the problem. i'm thinking maybe there is in the system a valve or something that doesen't keep the presure on cold wheather.
graphite03, thanks for the tip. be sure that i'll check out those meets once i'll go back.
contagius19, how low is your ride?
i'd rather go for a 2.0 drop instead of a 1.5. i don't mind a sporty ride. i just wanted an opinion from someboby who uses eibach on his neon.
any way, thanks a lot boys and maybe girls.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Dorin_82
Professional

tn.frank, thk for that site. they have some good prices. maybe you want to try autoanything.com, they have good sales very often. now that i'm their client, they give me a lot of discounts, and so far, for einbach they got me the best price on the net, 194$ after a 10% discount. regular price 215$.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:11 AM
neon03se
Record Breaker

coming from someone that has a 2 in drop, my advice is if your car is a daily driver DON'T go that low

Old 01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
contagious19
Champion

i got H&R springs which lowered the car 2 inches in the front and 2.25 in the back

Old 01-24-2008, 05:55 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

bottom out alot?

Quick Reply: a couple of dilemmas