2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

so i wanna go turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:41 AM
turtletunes
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i wanna go turbo

alright i found good deal here on my local craigslist.. stock srt-4, manifold, wastegate, o2 housing, coolant lines, injectors,ngk spark plugs and ecu all for 200 bucks... and i already have intercooler...now i know i needadapter plate, modify oil pan for return, piping, new fuel pump,fuel Pressure Regulator, new oil pump, more return lines for oil, gas.. but i hear i can pick those up at a local dealership for about 16 bucks.. now question is will i still need a megasquirt if i have the stock srt-4 ecu.. i've been reading alot of turbo threads but this stuff is jus still confusing to me[:@].... im the only person that works on my car but when it comes to this i dont want to blow it up... if im missin any thing let me know thanks...

Old 01-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star
Default RE: so i wanna go turbo

I dont think the srt ecu is gonna do you any good at all.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:27 PM
turtletunes
Rookie

that was another question i was gonna put in.. forgot to.. i was wondering if it would even fit for the 2 gen neons..

Old 01-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker

You can turbo the car with the NGC no problem. The NGC will actually help you out alot by keeping the air/fuel ratio dead on. Graphite did this I believe and I will wait for him to chime in and confirm. though I think you will have to up the injector size from 19lbs/hr to 24lbs/hr. I think

Megasquirt will be the next step up. It's a "stand alone" ECU that is fully tunable and customizable from spark timing to fuel ratios. but you must have a rather large knowledge base of fuel ratios and spark timings, etc. because you will full control of it and they dont come fully tuned to my understanding

as for the SRT4 ECU it will NOT work. they're 2 different engines. Ours are SOHC and an SRT4 engine is DOHC. also ours are 2.0L as oppose to 2.4L in the SRT4. the stock ECU will not work with a 2.0L

Old 01-28-2008, 01:24 PM
GrApHite03

You can run the stock ECU for low boost applications... I made a tuning thread about here on DF, but it was a while back. Try searching "posts started" by me and also the key word "NGC". If you have questions after reading the whole thread, bump it and ask. (the other thread though, would like to keep all that info in one place)

Old 01-28-2008, 01:44 PM
turtletunes
Rookie

thanks for the info,, i will do that.. i wanted to run only about 5 lbs of boost mainly because that's the point where i dont start breaking stuff as far as stock pistons, stock axle, ect.. the kit i will get for a trad for my obx header and downpipe and a fiberglass subwoofer box i made.. jus askin how much more money will you think i will spend..

Old 01-28-2008, 02:03 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: turtletunes

thanks for the info,, i will do that.. i wanted to run only about 5 lbs of boost mainly because that's the point where i dont start breaking stuff as far as stock pistons, stock axle, ect.. the kit i will get for a trad for my obx header and downpipe and a fiberglass subwoofer box i made.. jus askin how much more money will you think i will spend..
at least another $2000.00

There are alot of little things people forget about that add up fast.

couplers for piping
clamps for couplers
fittings & hoses
gauges - minimum boost and wideband. EGT recomended.
clutch
new oil (pan removed)
transmission fluid (clutch swap)
etc...

Old 01-28-2008, 02:07 PM
neon03se
Record Breaker

your car manual or auto turtle?

Old 01-28-2008, 02:23 PM
turtletunes