2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Engine Sputter

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:07 PM
danjmcbride
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Sputter

Hey, it’s me again. Thanks again for all the suggestions on getting my flooded engine running earlier this week. I have something new for you now.

Last night I got in the car after letting it warm up for 15 minutes and *thought* it felt like it was idling a little rough, but it smoothed out by the time I got the door closed so I figured it was just my imagination. Once I got out on the highway, I noticed the engine wasn’t accelerating very smoothly . . . I guess you could call it asputter. When I paid attention to it, I noticed it was always there but very faint . . . except between 42mph and 50mph where it becomes moderately rough, but after 50mph it lightens up and becomes pretty faint again. It feels like the power the engineis putting outisn't smooth/consistent. It did the same thing on the way to work this morning.

Any ideas? Maybe when the engine was flooded at 30 below zero something got fouled up and needs changing? It’s early here, and I’m just trying to get some ideas for what to check today and this weekend, so any ideas are welcome.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 02-01-2008, 01:34 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Default RE: Engine Sputter

Check your spark plugs and change them if needed, most likely it is a bad spark spark plug.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:44 PM
danjmcbride
Rookie
Default RE: Engine Sputter

I'm glad I wasn't completely off base then. I'll give that a try.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Engine Sputter