2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

questions???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
cody223
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions???

I have a coupal questions that i hope somebody could answer for me, and if so i'd greatly appreciate it. i have a 2000 chrysler neon and i want to get new spark plug wires and an ignition coil and i am wondering what company is selling the best ignition coil and spark plug wires on the market right now. my other question is, whenever i'm driving and i want to pass i'll put my foot to the floor and sometimes my car won't shift down to pick up the RPMS it just will stay in 3rd and will accelerate reallypoorly. and when i'm completley stoped and i'll go from drive to reverse or neutral to reverse the front end of the car makes a weird noise and kind ofclunks it's hard to explain but this doesn't happen all the time, which is very confusing to me and is getting very frustrating.so i was wondering if my engine mount is gone or something. if somebody could get back to me i'd greatly appreciate

thanks,

Cody

Old 02-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: questions???

how many miles are on the car? have you ever had the trans fluid changed? and ask for plugs and wires.... check modernperformance.com for ignition parts, and your car might now down shift when you floor it b/c you might be going faster than 2nd gear permits or your car is in need of a tune up.... or needs a trans fluid change or both.... wouldnt hurt to have the oil changed when ur doing all of that as well...

Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 AM
cody223
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: questions???

thanks a bunch, the car has only 132 000km on it but the transmission only has 32 000km on it. it hasn't really had a full tune up because my mom doesn't really know stuff like that all she knows is it drives lol.but i did put bosch platinum 4s in the car and i found out platinums are bad last nighteeeks. but thanks for your help i greatly appreciate it

Quick Reply: questions???