2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

I GOT HIT!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Kalevra
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I GOT HIT!!

I will buy JUST the shoulder pads! I want them!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Undesolved
Veteran

OH the tip is under the spoiler... i couldn't see it and was like nuh-uh
if/when you decide to sell that lemme know i might not want the midpipe but i might... does it really tame it down that much?

Old 02-12-2008, 12:02 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

yako how much for the rear brakes? (I call dibs if i can afford them)

Old 02-12-2008, 01:06 AM
eaks
Professional

hey man.. im interested in the rear brakes (with everything to do the swap), the front lip kit (if i can get it to fit on an 01 neon) and the R/T side skirts and the sholder pads.. let me know the price for all of this as well as everything seperate so i can decide if i want it all or just the brakes or just the side skirts or just the lip kit!!

Thanks and get back to me..

And to Undesolved.. The midpipe doesn't tame down the exhaust at all.. its just a striaght 2 3/4" pipe (i believe).. i just had my mechanic throw together the piping for me 01 neon.. and threw in an 18" glasspack.. sounds great.. great low ruble at idle.. loud when steeping on it.. the only thing i wish is that i could tame it down for highway driving (120km/h @3.5k its quite loud)

Old 02-12-2008, 01:21 AM
djmagic
Record Breaker

well yako, nevermind about the brakes, pops shut me down, only downfall of living at home

Old 02-12-2008, 01:43 AM
Yako
Captain

the rear brake suspension... those things are kinda heavy like 30 pounds each side, not like the drums are any lighter, so i gotto find what shipping would be if i decide to sell then give u a fair price, and yea the resonators tone it down quite a bit, but heard a glasspack will do just as much, i had plans of gettin my sxt midpipe and adding a cherry bomb plus the 2 glasspacks, cuz i still didnt like the noise andi'll send u those shoulder pads for freeto anyone that buys anything elsethey dont look all that good to me, plusone day i was boredso iused a paint touch up bottle to paint the m cuz they were baby blue and didnt come out alright but i can send u a link to where i got em custom made, but it took like4 weeks to get em

Old 02-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Yako
Captain

for dough
just did a good taping for the tails, try to use the best painters tape available, and use a razor tocut around the edges of the lens and grey cirle if u want it to stay the same, take ur time, the area around the backup lights will be hard but bepatient, try wearing some latex gloves when ur doing all the work, still clean up the areas with some alcohol or something before painting, dont need to sand, first just use athin coat of white primer(theyr like 6 dollars at the autoparts store)but make sure u cover all places and thenand let it dry for a couple mins, being really careful use a razor andcut around the edges where the tape is so the coats doesnt stick to the tape andpeels off when ur ripping off the tape, let it fully dry for a couple hours even if the bottle says fast drying, remenberto hold the tails from the back side, also hold itoff the ground whenpainting, remenber to use a glove and a mask also try not to do it in adusty place or where theres wind runnin,u can try to remove some of the tape around the lens see if when u actully do with the blue, the paint wont peel (will let u know if ur doing a good job or not) then do the same with the eblue paint, they'r $10 at the dealer, ask for touch up paint for electic blue pearl PB5/AB5 in the spray bottle, (they'r not that big so get 2) get to painting, one coat at the time letting each coat dry for a couple mins, i used3/4 of the bottle or the for each tail light for better results, do the razor thing again after a couple minsof doing all the coats, then let em dry fora couple hours then just use a clear coat (from the autoparts store)let it dry and do the razor around the edgesagain,everytime being very carful and being patient, remove tapeusing the razor to lift up a coner of the tape, then rip off the tape, but slowly or u could end uppeeling the paint or something, keep using the razorto removed the tapebut be careful to notscratch the lens, will take u some time to get it done but be patient and ull end up with a profesional lookin job and wont be dissapointed,will save u time if u decide to paint the rings too but to me it looks better with em still grey well good luck

Old 02-12-2008, 02:03 AM
Yako
Captain
Old 02-12-2008, 09:28 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

extremely interested in the rear disk brakes!!!!!!!!!! how much????

Old 02-12-2008, 10:25 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

how did u do ur headlight eyebrows yako???? they look good, i was thinking about using window tint to do mine????