2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Spring tune-up

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:03 AM
MJND1990
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring tune-up

Well im gonna be givin the neon a tune-up in the spring and need advice. I read on modern performance that gratenelli plug wires were the best. Any one have em. I also want to replace the coil pack but the only one out there is MSD. I know MSD makes good stuff but it would be the only red thing in my engine bay. Everything else is blue. I've also gotta get my tranny fluid changed and might get a new battery. Oh and new plugs. What kind do you guys recommend. Im currently runnin autolite platinums.(yea i know).

Old 02-09-2008, 09:34 AM
bone33
Record Breaker
Default RE: Spring tune-up

i'll get back to you in the spring.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:36 AM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Go to tns"turboneonstore" they have an accel coil pack as well as the msd.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:24 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

okay, i ordered the grantinellis, hopefully they will be here by wedensday. The coil pack i can't help you right now, running the stock. However go with iridium. I put Denso iridium ones in mine and are very pleased. I have gotten better throttle response, and the car barely shakes. In a week i'll get back to you. But i'm in the same boat as you cause i want no red in my engine bay

Old 02-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Undesolved
Veteran

mikey i believe has the Screamin' Demon Coil pack on his neon

Old 02-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Sawhiskey
All Star

To me sounds like you want the msd just dont want the red.. So cover any terminals or anything that needs not painted and paint the pack blue, now paint may not hold well since I soppose it is plastice. But, I know the make plastic spray pants an just rough it up with some like med range grit sandpaper.

On a lighter note I was gonna do a big spring tune up. Im saying, new air filter and take cai and get all oil outta pipes and as far in mani as possible, put a glasspack in and a tight seal on the rear section connection on the exhaust, seafoam my car, new spark plugs, new wires and new coilpack, oil change, coolant change, tranny fluid change, brake pads and rotors, brake fluid,new tires, and springs an struts. But, I dont think I will Im think im going to buy a new car.

BTW, my local dodge dealership(where I got my neon) has been calling me twice a week and sending me 2 emails a week trying to me go over and "discuss" buying a Caliber Srt4, I dunno about those though.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
MJND1990
Professional

I just put my Cai on in november so i dont want to take it off and my front brakes are like new but i will be replacin the rear drums. Im not sure on the Caliber SRT-4. I like it.... but then again i dont. I guess i wouldnt mind having one. Looks a little like a truck from the pics but ive never seen the srt-4 version in person so its hard to tell.

Quick Reply: Spring tune-up