2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Rough Idling

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:02 PM
redskinz56
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Idling

Hey everyone! Ive been trying to figure out the problem with my car for a long time now.

What is going on is that only when im coming to a stop i have rough idling unless i put it in neutral then my car is fine.
I have a 2001 Dodge Neon SE Auto transmission.

I have cleaned the air intake and gotten an oil change and gotten my tranmission fluid flushed and got a new IAC.

After I did all this... the performance seemed better but still rough idling. Less rough but still feels as if its going to stall but never does.
I also changed the motor mounts and that helped a littleas well.

Today I read about the throttle position sensor and saw that it has to do with gas, throttle and the engine and once i changed it, my car feels as if it runs stronger and better and a little bit less idling.

The only code my car is giving me is P0121 which has to do with the throttle and some other sensor.

I did notice that my camshaft does wobble but not when accelerating. The camshaft seems to be spinning normally when i pull the cable to give the engine gas.

Perhaps it looks like its spinning straight because of how fast its going. Im thinkin maybe a mechanic needs to take a look into the camshaft or the next thing could be the TIP or MAP.

TIP = throttle inlet pressure
MAP = manifold air pressure

or maybe even the fuel filter or fuel pump because when ever my car feels like its about to stall and i give it gas or put it in neutral it runs fine.

Please help me out!!!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:52 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rough Idling

well i was going to say sparkplugs cause mine barely does it now, however it now sounds like you have bigger problems

Quick Reply: Rough Idling