2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

modern's indy

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:30 PM
tankhardrive
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: modern's indy

yeah i wanna get it but i just found a hood i think looks pretty good on ebay i wanna grab too and i could do both but it would be tight.

about the custom gasket im still new to ripping into my engine im not scared just new so for it does it need to be made or can u just buy it at the auto parts store. just trying to get an idea of how much extra the indy is gonna run.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im not sure which gasket you buy but i know that you buy one and you basically cut it to the right size...if there is a performance shop around you and you dont want to take the chance then i suggest you take it there with the intake manifold and speak with the guy about how you should go about putting it on... or if it cheap enough have them do it...? you could also talk to someone at modern performance about it and see what they say they might be able to help you more than we can...

Old 02-11-2008, 06:10 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

go to any auto parts store and pick up some rubber gasket material, and just trace the intake side going to the head to it, then cut out the ports going in ur head, simple as that....

Old 02-11-2008, 06:12 PM
tankhardrive
Professional

thanks for the info its still up in the air though kinda on hold for a little i might possibly maybe be able to scratch together enough for an srt 4 and im looking into it. love my neon but wanted an srt 4 soooo if it works out id have to go that route.....

sooo we will see what happens over the next month or so....

Quick Reply: modern's indy