2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

modern's indy

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:35 PM
tankhardrive
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default modern's indy

hey im looking at maybe getting an indy intake before i do the turbo it would be nice to have once i throw on the turbo think it would help and maybe get the 60mm throttle body too..... but anyways i just have a question about modern's indy intake. has any one used it? they have like an option to pick which engine u have so does that mean that it will be a direct bolt up with out alot of extra work? or am i gonna need to do some work to get it to line up right.

any reasons not to get it?

i could spend the money on a cf hood and trunk and spoiler but id rather use it on performance.

thoughts....

Old 02-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Andpto
All Star
Default RE: modern's indy

Iblackneon had one on his neon, he knows alot about it. I think you have to make a new gasket for it from what i heard but im not sure.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you need to make a custom gasket.... and i think you need longer bolts to go through the manifold and secure it to the engine but there might be more....?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
tankhardrive
Professional

yeah i thought there might be some extra work to get it on right.... are the gains real big? without a turbo? and ow about when i throw on my turbo? im just tryingto decide if i wanna do the work and spend the money or save it up in case i need it for the turbo like something blows or what not.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:10 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

yes there is, i bought it from black, but honesltly it is not to bad, u have to pull the mounting bracket off of ur transmisson that holds ur stock intake manifold, a custom gasket is needed, and smaller botls (but longer) becasue it does not mount in the stock holes on the head but on ten wholes already drilled and tapped into every 2.0 head.....

Old 02-10-2008, 12:12 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

let me know if u have any questons, i am already boosted, but i have not started the car with it on to see if there is a power gain......

Old 02-10-2008, 12:17 PM
lblackneon
Champion

It's just like dtjackten said.
There were nice gains. I couldn't say how nice the gains were by itself. I had lots of parts including the 60mm TB. When I installed my Indy, I had that installed along with my Crane cam 12. They worked nice together.

Modern performance is a great place to buy it. Great customer service and fast shipping.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 PM
tankhardrive
Professional

yeah im thinking baout doing it with the throttle body i think it would be nice... specially when i finally get the turbo running... i just gotta find a few days for a install when i dont have school and have another car to get around lol... but you guys that got it like it and think its worth it?

Old 02-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think it would be worth it... i dont have it but it seems to be a good investment, and before you turbo your car you should just do a complete engine tune-up like check valves, pistons, piston rings, the works man... thats just to be on the safe side......

Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 PM
lblackneon
Champion

Yes it's worth it. I hated that stupid plastic intake manifold but now I don't care..

Quick Reply: modern's indy