2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:54 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tire pressure

ok kids here is the real answer. 32 in winter 35 in summer. the reason for this is that if you have no air leaks, the pressure will go that way anyway. as it gets colder, air pressure drops. if you have say 40 lbs in winter, which is wayyy too much for anything, if it all of a sudden gets really hot one day, your tire will be even more overinflated. if it is at 32, it will rise to about 35

Old 02-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Dorin_82
Professional

ORIGINAL: bone33

some people dont know crap about tire pressures.

15 inch stock tires take 32 PSI and 14 inch stock tires take 36 PSI. there is a sticker on your door. FOLLOW that.
[hr]

well, this is the funniest since i'm on this forum. nine people with 9 different opinions, for tire pressure. but u're the best bone33. well, my stock 14 inch sais 32, and the same for 15 inch stock. for other sizes, no ideea. but i do know for sure that the 32 PSI should be meassured when tires are cold, or no longer than 1 mile of ride. so, stock tires, whatever size, winter or summer, 32 PSI, with tires cold.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:24 PM
AirJordan

I go by what it says on the TIRE. I think mine say max 44psi, so I always keep em around 40

Old 02-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Dorin_82
Professional

ORIGINAL: spikeymikey87

ok kids here is the real answer. 32 in winter 35 in summer. the reason for this is that if you have no air leaks, the pressure will go that way anyway. as it gets colder, air pressure drops. if you have say 40 lbs in winter, which is wayyy too much for anything, if it all of a sudden gets really hot one day, your tire will be even more overinflated. if it is at 32, it will rise to about 35
now that's stupid. cause, it's recomended to check tirepressure every week, 1000 mile, or at least once every two three weeks, or once a month, for the laziest of us. or every time u feel u should. if u put 35 PSI in summer, just cause u know u don't have any leaks, just because in cold wheather it will drop to 32, first of all u are one LAZY m.....f....., and second, the ride will be very hard, and i guarantee that if the roads are not to good, u'll change bushings, struts and wheel bearings a hell of a lot faster than normal. all that just because u are to lazy to check once in a while tire pressure and adjust it to 32 in our case.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Dorin_82
Professional

ORIGINAL: AirJordan

I go by what it says on the TIRE. I think mine say max 44psi, so I always keep em around 40
i think u're wrong too. 44 is what the tire can take max, cause that tire can be used on a variety of vehicles, with different tire pressure specifications, but what the manufacturer of the vehicle recomends should be followed cause that's the best pressure that will work with the suspension, and give you the performance they built the car for. i think that an excesive tire pressure doesen't handel the same.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:54 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Dorin_82

now that's stupid. cause, it's recomended to check tirepressure every week, 1000 mile, or at least once every two three weeks, or once a month, for the laziest of us. or every time u feel u should. if u put 35 PSI in summer, just cause u know u don't have any leaks, just because in cold wheather it will drop to 32, first of all u are one LAZY m.....f....., and second, the ride will be very hard, and i guarantee that if the roads are not to good, u'll change bushings, struts and wheel bearings a hell of a lot faster than normal. all that just because u are to lazy to check once in a while tire pressure and adjust it to 32 in our case.

ok,
1) **** you, i dont know who the **** you think you are coming to this forum and calling me stupid. you dont even know how to fill up tires with air you little ****. dont ever come here and call a veteran member stupid. get in your car and drive off a cliff

2) if you knew **** about cars you would know that at 35psi, your tires will be at the optimum pressure for traction. no it will not be a hard ride because thats what it is supposed to be. unless you have some sort of specialized tire that requires a different psi, most standard tires take 35 as a general number. i assume that you dont have a special performance tire because you have ****ty 14s and you wouldnt know anything about tires to get one that requires a different psi

3) nobody checks their tire pressure every week. if your tire looks like it is low, you check it. that is what the normal everyday person will do

4) **** you

Old 02-14-2008, 09:08 PM
AirWolf

Well I always have done 40 with my old wider hydroedges in 15s wide you can go is whatI had and now in my wider michelin sports I will do the same keep them at 40 never had a problem and never had to air them up much either very rarely did that. The sports are even better tire than the hydroedges more performance wise. So 32-35 would be safe for most tires and for the more performance tires and wider I would keep them at 40.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:18 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

1)what i said is the general rule 2)you can go to 35 if you want to on stocks 3)40 is okay the only problem is i would be a little worried the the middle of the tread would wear out quick 4)I put 35 in my LO PROFILE tires 5) YOU DO NOT TALK TRASH TO A LEGEND 6) mikey, the six foot eight inch asian has your back

Old 02-14-2008, 09:19 PM
AnthemBassMan
Veteran

-My '05 SXT says 32psi on the door sticker also. And don't ever go by what the tire is stamped with. Like Dorin said, that's the recommended max pressure by the tire manufacturer, NOT Dodge. Dodge arrived at that pressure for optimum handling AND treadlife through testing. Some tires say max 35psi on the sides and some say 45psi. And others can have different maxes.

L8R,
Matt D.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Dorin_82
Professional

ORIGINAL: Dorin_82

ok,
1) **** you, i dont know who the **** you think you are coming to this forum and calling me stupid. you dont even know how to fill up tires with air you little ****. dont ever come here and call a veteran member stupid. get in your car and drive off a cliff

2) if you knew **** about cars you would know that at 35psi, your tires will be at the optimum pressure for traction. no it will not be a hard ride because thats what it is supposed to be. unless you have some sort of specialized tire that requires a different psi, most standard tires take 35 as a general number. i assume that you dont have a special performance tire because you have ****ty 14s and you wouldnt know anything about tires to get one that requires a different psi

3) nobody checks their tire pressure every week. if your tire looks like it is low, you check it. that is what the normal everyday person will do

4) **** you
ok, i see we have some atittude problem here. some of us don't know how to handel critics, or to read to well. and also, some of you guys have the impresion that u own this forum andyour opinion is the best and the only one.
i have to say first that i respect everybody on this forum, and i have a little bit more appreciation for some of the older members, cause since i started watching this forum, i found out a lot about my car, and most of the answers came from them. however, this is a opinion forum, not e rules forum, and an opinion can very easily be wrong.
now back to ms big mouth overhere. listen spike, first if u will read my message again carefully, maybe u will realize that i called the idea stupid, definitely not u. i would't dare to call somebodystupid, everybody is as it is, nothing much we can do to change them, we take em or leave em. so i wouldn't disrespect somebody like that. now, if u think that about yourself, i'm not gonna argue with u cause i don't know u. but i did call u lazy, or anybody that wouldn't check their tire pressure once in a while, like at least once a month. what i also said about every week or 1000 miles, if u read again, u'll see that i said that's what the manufacturers recommend. if u didi't knew that, i'm telling u now. but of course nobody's doing that. now, cause u have 17 or 18 inch rims and tires, and i have 14, and cause u are older then me on this forum, doesen't make u an expert, specially on tires. actually, seeing this ideea of yours, 35 PSI the optimum pressure for traction, i would say you're an amateur. i bet u are. now, if u want, i can send u a copy of my auto mechanic diploma, and tell u a few things about me and my car, before u disrespect me and tell me "**** you". then u'll see if it's worth disrespecting somebody like that just for a tire pressure. so, mr big mouth, i apologize if u got the wrong message and felt insulted. but **** YOU right back. u should learn to control yourself and respect people. and trust me, u wouldn't like me if i loose control. which of course is not gonna happen for a tire pressure, but i'm just saying.
i also apologize to everybody that had to read this crap for nothing and felt insulted one way or another.

Quick Reply: Tire pressure