2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Question about my 03 Neon R/T?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 09:10 PM
Mikeyneon20mag
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my 03 Neon R/T?

I added a af/x long tube header, and I only have one o2 sensor, because I removed my cat. I was looking for a o2 delete switch for my other o2 sensor, but I dont think the sell them anymore, my question is does anyone no where I can find one, or should I get a high flow cat and reinstall my other o2 sensor, or can I just leave it with the one, and just deal with the engine light. Someone told me if you dont have the other o2 sensor hooked up it will go into limp mode. When I first put all of my stuff on my car ran like a bat out of hell. But in a couple of months my car just up and quit on me so I thought it would not let me go any higher than 3 grand. I shut my car off and re-started it and it was fine, like it reset my computer. It did this 2 more time's in the next month, but has'nt done it since maybe june or july 07. But I can tell it is acting a little funny now, I can tell a little performance loss, a little. If anyone has any ideas let me no. I read up about it going into limp mode, and it says it will keep your car runable until you can get it fixed. I think I need to do something with the o2 sensor and cat. Please help me out thanks.

Mike P.[sm=shootshoot.gif]

I have added a af/x long tube header, mp/x under drive crank pulley, mp/x 60mm polished throtlebody,pacesetter cat back exhaust,race motor mount inserts,cold air intake, cross drilled and slotted rotors, progress springs, force 18's,srt-4 hood and wing, altez tail lights and clear markers and third brake light.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:54 PM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about my 03 Neon R/T?

The down stream 02 will not put you into limp mode or effect your performance at all. The only problem you may run into is when you try to get a inspection sticker. The CEL light will fail you in most states since it is emissions.

I ran boost for a long time with my '03 with the downstream tied to the frame.

Quick Reply: Question about my 03 Neon R/T?