2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

ok.... this is annoying

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok.... this is annoying

Alright. I have been struggling about financially in my life recently. I still have all my turbo stuff, but thats a different story.

Maybe about a couple days ago a vibration noise starting coming out of my car.

I checked my motor mounts, my exhaust system (have an error code SOMEWHERE on it. Can't find out WHY!!!?? P2097). I checked the header, checked my suspension..

Cant find anything that would cause a vibration.

It happens... RANDOMLY too, which makes me really angry. Its not like around turns, or over bumps. On a flat straight road you could go 30 seconds with no vibration, it vibrate for a second or 2, then another minute later it will vibrate.

Help?!

I want to get her fixed before I start mocking up parts and begin this install (FINALLY).

Old 02-26-2008, 03:41 PM
HarleyRider68
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ok.... this is annoying

If you have 2 tires that are slightly out of balance, or 2 bearings that are worn, they will each give off a small vibration. By themselves, you may not notice the vibration, but when they sychronize, a larger vibration will build slowly then max out, then taper off. You would most likely notice it at a particular speed (say 60-65 mph.) It's called a long beat vibration, and if you have ever beenon a turboprop airplane,you can't miss it. Pilots useit to sync the engines. Rotate your tires. If the vibration changes, get your tires balanced or replace them, if not examine your bearings and CV joints.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: HarleyRider68

If you have 2 tires that are slightly out of balance, or 2 bearings that are worn, they will each give off a small vibration. By themselves, you may not notice the vibration, but when they sychronize, a larger vibration will build slowly then max out, then taper off. You would most likely notice it at a particular speed (say 60-65 mph.) It's called a long beat vibration, and if you have ever beenon a turboprop airplane,you can't miss it. Pilots useit to sync the engines. Rotate your tires. If the vibration changes, get your tires balanced or replace them, if not examine your bearings and CV joints.

+1

Old 07-03-2008, 06:22 PM
deezozdodge
Professional

I'm having the same probem only the vibration is happening at 65 mph while executing right curves on the freeway. In the past I hit an island curb (ouch) on my front driver's side. I would suspect my cv joints, but better to buy and replace driveshaft. Or, the problem could be just the ball joint, which cannot be bought seperately. I would have to replace the control arm that comes with the ball joint ($40.00). Any suggestions?

Old 07-03-2008, 11:05 PM
whtdoesitmatter
Captain

my car makes an odd vibration noise when i stop sometimes almost like my mufflers slapping the bumper i just blame it on my poly motor mounts making other shizz vibrate instead

Quick Reply: ok.... this is annoying