2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

synthetic vs conventional

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008 | 03:24 PM
TN.Frank
Professional
Default RE: synthetic vs conventional

Something else to think about is that as oil prices continue to go up the cost of regular vs synth will be less and less making it more cost effective to run synth oil since you can generally get more miles on an oil change with synth oil then dyno oil.

Old 03-10-2008 | 06:04 PM
inthewerks
Veteran
Default RE: synthetic vs conventional

man there is sure alot of hype about motor oils here. i think the brand you use should all depend on where you live and how you drive your vehicle and how many miles you have on it. many people can swear up and down about good and bad oils but research what the brand and type offers you and make your selection based off of that. btw, i live in az where the summers get really hot and it sometimes snows here in the winter. since i got my 05 in 07, i gave it a motor flush first thing, then ever since ive used castrol syntec blend 5w 30 and a k&n oil filter every 3000 miles. no problems for me and the car has 48000 miles on it.syntec blend is synthetic and conventional blend which makes it cheaper than a full synthetic and still comes pretty close the the properties of a synthetic oil. its good for me for in town driving and very hot(110) degree summer weather. so find out your driving conditions and make your purchase based off of that rather than what someone elses preference is. sorry for the long essay here guys.

Quick Reply: synthetic vs conventional