2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Ford Vs Dodge neon SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008 | 03:24 PM
AnthemBassMan
Veteran
Default RE: Ford Vs Dodge neon SRT-4

-Well, here are acouple of my choices. They're both cars I had when I was still in school. A 1974 Plymouth RoadRunner and a 1969 AMC Javelin SST. I know they're mostly a straight line car, but I'd still choose them over most of today's stuff.

L8R,
Matt D.

Old 03-10-2008 | 04:19 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i owned a 67 mustang, i would still own it but i just wish it was a fastback instead of the coupe.... anyway, my neon would do circles around that mustang now.... and i like the "underdog" four cylinders.........

Old 03-10-2008 | 06:50 PM
Undesolved
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 01DodgeRam360

OH YEAH BABY, SE!! But yeah that particular mustang isn't what I'd choose. But I like that 1999-2003 style the best. I'd make mine perfect. All black, loud, and badass. Yummy.
i agree i like the older body styles to em but the newer body is a little appealing to me its just not what i'm used too...

Old 03-10-2008 | 06:57 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

yeah, i also agree, the like mid 90s body style i thought was kinda lame...... the newer ones have alittle attitude unlike the mid 90s

Old 03-10-2008 | 06:57 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I really do like the two latest styles, but the newer one is a less consistent. A lot of them look really plain. I hardly see guys doing it right around my area. If and when I own my cobra mustang, she's going to be black just like my truck. Smoked tail lights, crystal headlights in the front with white HIDs. Loud as hell true dual with flowmaster super 44s with no cats, longtube bbk headers, ahh the list goes on. She would be so sweet looking and sounding. And to top it off with that 5.4L ford supercharger, completely priceless.. Love that whine, just gives me shivers down my back. The day I have my black ram and a black cobra lined up, I will be one happy and complete man. OF course a hot wife will need to be in the mix![8D]

Old 03-10-2008 | 07:13 PM
turboplz

the problem with the srt4 neon is when you get any decent power to the wheels it's just so damn hard to keep the tires on the ground....you just sit there and spin and roast them. Where as on the mustang being rwd, you have a much better advantage of actually applying that power to the ground with minimal bounce and spin.

I know that for a fact, lol. My buddy has an 04 srt4 at 325whp and first, second and just into third all he does is spin the tires and get nasty wheel hop. Even with it being lowered some, nitto radials and stiffer mounts.

Old 03-10-2008 | 09:47 PM
Adionik
Champion

I could give a damn about the dime a dozen mustangs, those pieces of crap are EVERYWHERE.

Old 03-10-2008 | 10:39 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

If the srt-4 was still being sold today, I'm sure they'd be everywhere too. But the mustangs are everywhere because people know they are a solid product with huge potential. They know they'll get their moneys' worth if they mod them. In a fwd 4 cylinder, your dealing with the disadvatange of it's size, and it's ability to put the darn power to the wheels in the first place. Mustangs just win hands down. Stronger, more potential, safer, more respect etc. I love the srt-4s, but unless it was given to me, I just couldn't put $20,000 into a car that most people don't like, and that has limitations..

Old 03-10-2008 | 10:52 PM
Parts/Service
Champion

I could be wrong, but dollar spent for dollar spent on mods, because the Mustang is so much more popular than almost every other car on the road, the Mustang is hard to beat. I will give props to the SRT-4, as it is an awsome 4 banger,but it is expensive to mod. For the money spent to add a stage 2 or 3, you can build a Mustang that will run circles around the Neon. I do drive a Mustang so I am partial. But 1 thing I hate is punks that think just because they have a 5.0, they can toast anything on the road. I have much more respect for the Neon owner that Mods his ride and takes pride in learning about what makes it go fast than some asshat that buys a Mustang and thinks that a CAI makes it faster then a motorola...I have raced many times and have been beat just twice, once by a Viper and once by a Supercharged Cobra. If I raced a SRT-4 and he beat me in a fair race, I would shake his hand and congratulate him on building a fine ride.. But thats just me... Hating all Mustangs or Neons just because they are Mustangs or Neons is ignorant in my opinion...Or is means you have had you *** handed to you by one and you are a hater....Everybody hated the Pacer, but if you see one running 10 second 1/4 miles you should appreciate the money/time that it took to get it there...

Old 03-11-2008 | 12:28 AM
lblackneon
Champion

I like Mustangs and SRT-4s.
My dad has 2 mustangs. He has 1 modified 99' GT which he would have given to me and he has a Cobra which he's throwing a Vortech supercharger on. I don't regret accepting the payments on my srt at all.
The best part about the SRT is the fact that I have over 400 whp and I get over 30 mpg. U can't do that in a Mustang. I was driving my dads GT for about 9 months. That thing can drink gas.
RWD is fun though.

Quick Reply: Ford Vs Dodge neon SRT-4