Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 03:54 PM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: y slower?

ORIGINAL: blackflame

ORIGINAL: GrApHite03

Blackflame,

I agree with adionik... although i won't be as harsh about it.

Dodge[/b]

2.0l SOHC – 132hp / 130tq
2.0l SOHC HO – 150hp / 135tq
2.0l DOHC – 150hp / 135tq

Honda[/b]

1.6l:
B16A – 158hp / 111tq
B16A SiRII – 170hp / 116tq
B16B – 185hp / 118tq

1.8l:
B18A – 160hp / 128tq
B18C – 185hp / 130tq
B18C type R – 200hp / 134tq

I really don’t want to do this, but let’s now talk about the same displacement engines…

2.0l:
K20A – 222hp / 159tq
K20Z1 – 201hp / 141tq

It’s ok to love your Dodge… Honda makes a far superior engine than dodge can. There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Nobody has yet to show me a stock 2.0l dodge motor make 375hp on a stock motor at 11psi and run consistent mid 11’s. I’ve driven this car I talk about so I know it exists and its only a 1.6l. When I do see it, maybe I will re-think my view.

PS: please don't make a "Honda has no torque" comment. Those are the most ignorant statements and really shows when a person doesn't understand engine design.
Ok, that part, I will agree with you on that. That really wasn't my point though. I kinda spat out words there. I should have said something like, "it will be easier to get torque with a 2.0 over 1.6." Like i said in my other post, I'm not being a "dodge lover" That was just my example. And I honestly don't know too much about honda...except that they made the NSX and thats an amazing car. But back to my real point - I do know that when you make a car and if the same type of part gets you better gains than it does on another car it doesn't mean the car is "better." That is my point.

But to the Dodge vs Honda...All I have ever heard is that dodge comes out of the factory badly tuned. And I definitely give honda a lot of respect. VTEC is pretty genius IMO and I honestly like their cars.

Seeing you mention the K20 engine reminded me how sweet it would be to own and RSX
I can see your point now. "Better" can mean many different things to many people. That is not a bad thing. I like my neons... very simple to work on and a good all around car.

Its not really a Honda vs. Dodge thing anyway... It's more of a Domestic vs. Import thing. American engines are just not up to par with imports.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
blackflame
Captain

yeah, i guess you are right about the domestic vs import thing. I don't know enough yet to say one is better than another. Right now where I'm at with my knowledge they are equal to me. The only difference I see is in the company. I haven't quite learned enough to move on to which country is better lol. And I know enough to say that people have so many theories on why euro, american, and japenese cars are better than each other lol.

When I said better I meant faster btw.

I can really tell you like the neons lol. What, are you on your 3rd or 4th now? lol.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:16 PM
GrApHite03

ORIGINAL: blackflame

yeah, i guess you are right about the domestic vs import thing. I don't know enough yet to say one is better than another. Right now where I'm at with my knowledge they are equal to me. The only difference I see is in the company. I haven't quite learned enough to move on to which country is better lol. And I know enough to say that people have so many theories on why euro, american, and japenese cars are better than each other lol.

When I said better I meant faster btw.

I can really tell you like the neons lol. What, are you on your 3rd or 4th now? lol.
ya, my current one is my 4th... more than likely my last though. (unless i find another good deal, hehe)

Old 03-17-2008, 04:23 PM
blackflame
Captain

lol. I think if this neon ever dies out I will probably find something older. Like maybe an old MR2 but I'm not sure...oorrr it would be kinda cool to find a sweet CRX. Just something old and cheap hahaha.

Quick Reply: y slower?