2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Where is fog lamp and remote trunk switches

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 12:30 PM
culthuu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is fog lamp and remote trunk switches

2 questions that probably sound pretty lame but neither of my Neon’s came with an owner’s manual so I’m flying blind here and the Internet hasn’t been any help. On my 2000 ES, the car has what appear to be factory fog lamps in place but I can’t find the switch. I’ve checked the light stalk but it only handles the headlights and running lights. Also the car has an electric trunk release in place but again I can’t find the switch anywhere. I’ve looked all over the dash and interior. Some help please?
I’m also going to repost this question on my base 2000 SE from a couple of days ago because I didn’t get an answer.
I have a 2000 Neon SE with the standard instrument cluster. The three gauges work OK and when I turn the key on I get the orange engine outline and the seatbelt warning but the other four warning lights don’t work. Or at least I think there are four. There was no owner’s manual with the car when I bought it. I know there are oil, battery, airbag and brake. Anyway none of them work. The only two lights I get are the orange engine and the seatbelt. I’ve checked the fuses including the ones under the hood and there are no blown ones. I even put in a new dome light just in case. I’m worried about this because I just bought the car and now I’m thinking maybe the dealer somehow disabled them to hide something. The odometer and the warnings that it shows works OK but I keep getting a ‘FUSE’ warning although I’ve checked them all. When I installed my Indiglo gauge faces I checked the cluster and all the LEDs are in place. I know the Indiglo have nothing to do with it because this was a problem before that. Anything else to check or maybe another fuse I’ve missed?

Old 04-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Where is fog lamp and remote trunk switches

LEDs....? did you put LEDs in there? b/c it comes with regular bulbs in the cluster from the factory.... as for the trunk release the switch to open it should be in the glove box if im not mistaken.... the fog light switch you should just have to pull the little **** that u use to turn the headlights on outwards when the lights are on..... as for your warning lights.... i'd say a bad ground or some type of short in the wiring harness somewhere....

Old 04-15-2008, 01:07 PM
culthuu

I found the switch for the fog lamps. They still don't work but at least I know what I'm doing. Thanks. The idiot lights in the cluster are white LED's. I pulled one out when I had the cluster out to install the Indiglo gauges. The larger bulbs are for illumination.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:06 PM
inthewerks
Veteran

my 2005 neon sxt has the trunk button in the glove box. when you open the glove box, its up top on your left. hope this helps.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:32 AM
mat663
All Star

Wow thanks, i never knew how to open my trunk either! Haha.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:33 AM
mat663
All Star

wow, thanks! I never knew how to open my trunk either! Haha

Old 04-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ahahahahah hilarious

Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Mat00ES
Captain

I had a short in my radio harness and it came up saying "no bus".

Mat

Quick Reply: Where is fog lamp and remote trunk switches