2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Need help- Where to buy a new engine?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:02 PM
kabuk1
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help- Where to buy a new engine?

OK, here's the deal. I need a new engine & have no idea where to buy one. I know I could order one from Dodge, but I'd rather not go that route cause I'm trying to save SOME money. As some of you may know from another thread I posted, my 04 SXT has a burnt valve, and has now been in the shop for 3 weeks now. Total chop-shop up in OKC that the dealership MADE me take it to since they're paying for the warranty work. I went to pick it up today & it's %$#@ed up WORSE than before. Its putting and vibrating, the valves click & tick like crazy, it whines when I accelerate & has NO power anymore, and the original symptom- the RPMs dropping to 500 at idle- is STILL NOT fixed. I drove it a mile or 2 then took it right back. Keep in mind that this is car #2 from stupid shady-*** Car Factory in OKC(don't ever go there BTW).I know they're never gonna fix it right, so I'M gonna have to.

I'm just going to drop in a whole new engine & tranny. I'm making enough money now to where that's preferable to letting the idiots fix it for free & jacking it up further. Hopefully a 2.4L turbo if I can get one. And hopefully I can get an automatic tranny that will work with it b/c I just got diagnosed with friggin bursitis in my clutch leg, so a manual wouldn't be a good idea. At this point I'd be happy though if I could just replace it with a stock 2.0. Just something NEW. Does anyone know where I could get a good deal on a brand new engine? I mean brand new- 0 miles, not rebuilt or used in any way. I'm so pissed off at this ridiculous situation I'm in thanks to their negligence and I'm not taking any damn chances this time. If licensed mechanics were going to declare my car "fixed" when it sounds like a goddamn DIESEL, I am never trusting a mechanic ever again. I'm getting sick & damn tired of getting treated like **** just b/c I'm a girl & they think I won't notice that my car sounds like a freight train.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:00 AM
GrApHite03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help- Where to buy a new engine?

www.car-parts.com

Quick Reply: Need help- Where to buy a new engine?