2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Lowering springs installed now rear sits too low?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Boosted
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering springs installed now rear sits too low?

I have a 2004 sxt neon with a heavy speaker box and battery in the trunk with amps. I have installed the eibach pro kit, tociko blue struts, and now my rear sits lower than the front. Is it because of the speaker stuff in trunk/ I dont want to take it out but guys help me get this fixed.
How get I get the rear to match the front? I heard some say try different springs but I would have to know that it would def work, and I heard you should keep the same spring rates front and rear.
Is coilovers my only option?

Old 04-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Lowering springs installed now rear sits too low?

my rear sits lower than my front.... even when i take the two 12" subs i have out... when the rear is lower than the front you gain a little bit more control anyways so it shouldn't be too much to worry about and if ur struts are brand new which i take it they are you should be perfectly fine

Old 04-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Boosted

Hey thanks, yours does the same thing? Maybe it is just the pro kits that do it, thats sucks. I really would like everything to sit even????? What if i put a sportline up in the front which would drop the front more and look more even? Should I be worried about the spring rate difference between the sportlines and prokits?

Old 04-22-2008, 12:30 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

didnt u get all four springs??? front and rear??? i didnt think the prokit set the car leval??? my sportlines didnt set the car leval, it has a nice stock looking rake to it (just lower)

Old 04-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Boosted

Yes I got all four prokit springs front and rearwith new tokico blue struts. What i mean is the rear sits lower than the front just by visually looking at it, and the front has more wheel well showing than the rear. I just cant stand saggy rears.
Somehow I would like to raise the rear a little but dont think it is possible, unless there is a rearspring with like a 1" drop out there that would make it sit higher?
Are coilovers going to be my only option to fix this? If so which ones should i get mopar 2 or eibach coilovers? Also will my ride me more bumpier than what I already have? If so I must figure out how to make this work with the help of you guys.
Thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well the rear wheel well kinda hangs lower than the front to begin with so i think its normal.... mine looks low in the rear but its perfectly fine

Old 04-22-2008, 12:50 PM
whtdoesitmatter
Captain

ORIGINAL: dtjackten

didnt u get all four springs??? front and rear??? i didnt think the prokit set the car leval??? my sportlines didnt set the car leval, it has a nice stock looking rake to it (just lower)
hey dj u like ?? marks don't u? lol i had to because i saw ur post on the srt section about the tranny and used at least 25 question marks on 4 sentences... but anyway sportlines did u get struts and spring from them? and how much and where? because i dont like the way the neon looks level but its a very high sitting car so i was looking for a set that just made the stock appearence lower

Old 04-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Boosted

Anyone else with this problem?

Old 04-22-2008, 01:39 PM
AirWolf

With any new drop it takes time for them to settle. My acrs both had stage 3 coilovers and they had to settle so any drop takes a little time to settle. Everyones going with either the prokits or sportlines for tokiko setup . me Im going with something not everyones doing.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Boosted

Will the rear seemedright from the start lower than the front? I really dont think the front is going to get any lower

Quick Reply: Lowering springs installed now rear sits too low?