2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Just got DropZone Coilovers, They look too short! Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:23 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just got DropZone Coilovers, They look too short! Is this normal?

Basically what everyone else said...you made a horrible decision and wasted your money lol.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:28 PM
KARR
Record Breaker

Dont sweat it. Hey you only paid $30. I wouldnt have dealt with him because of his points. At least you didnt pay $100 or more. Its alot of junk and scammers on Ebay thats why I dont like ordering from them. Now you know if you want them order from that other site you found. Make sure you leave him so bad feedback and see about getting your money back or something like that. So does this mean that these CA kits are junk also on Ebay?

Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 PM
mat663
All Star

Do you mean Cold air intakes? I don't know, i never really hear anything about them.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:49 PM
AirWolf

No a intake is a intake . Its the filter that counts. I have a ebay intake for 3yrs now and works just as good as my injen in my acr . Also have a cf show filter for spring and summer and my K&n for fall and winter. A few have the ebay intake also on here.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

No a intake is a intake . Its the filter that counts. I have a ebay intake for 3yrs now and works just as good as my injen in my acr . Also have a cf show filter for spring and summer and my K&n for fall and winter. A few have the ebay intake also on here.
Not Necassarily True...

You want as smooth a tube as possible. So makin a PVC or ghetto intake won't net as many (by a couple... but those couple do matter) ponies and a one piece, bent, tube will.

That being said... you did make a crappy choice. Its good you didn't spend much.

Secondly, With the EBAY CAI's, the Filters in those kits are junk. The kits.. cruddy meterial but they work fine if you buy a K&N filter (Now where is my sponsorship K&N???).

Old 04-23-2008, 11:54 PM
inthewerks
Veteran

about the cai "kits" your talkin about. i built my setup from 3 inch intercooler piping and fittings and i noticed a difference from my stock intake. so i dont think all kits are crap. i think any cai kit is fine as long as the filter is a good one. the only problem i see is if you use plastic or something that will heat up faster in the engine bay. then the air you get isnt really colder anymore.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:43 AM
mat663
All Star

It seems like most cars have CAI (long pipe that goes in fenderwell) But i chose a short ram intake because it is less of a hassle to get to the filter to clean and i also don't risk sucking water from floods (im in new orleans...home of the hurricanes)

Old 04-24-2008, 01:00 AM
AirWolf

ORIGINAL: Freerider

ORIGINAL: AirWolf

Not Necassarily True...

You want as smooth a tube as possible. So makin a PVC or ghetto intake won't net as many (by a couple... but those couple do matter) ponies and a one piece, bent, tube will.

That being said... you did make a crappy choice. Its good you didn't spend much.

Secondly, With the EBAY CAI's, the Filters in those kits are junk. The kits.. cruddy meterial but they work fine if you buy a K&N filter (Now where is my sponsorship K&N???).
I did not make a crappy choice and either did the ton of others in this section who went with the ebay intakes . Like I said I have a custom cf filter for shows and k&n when its not show season. Mines just as good as a k&n or aem. Your just paying for the name with those in my op.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Freerider
Record Breaker

WTH??? Airwolf... did you even read it???

I said that the NameBrand is made out of slightly better materials. Thats it. You might pick up only 1 hp or 2 but thats it. The Ebay's are just as good.

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH

-jeff

Old 04-24-2008, 10:11 AM
KARR
Record Breaker

I just thought since they were so much cheaper they were no good. Those name brand intake kits are over priced. They dont have to cost that much for a pipe and a filter. Well thanks guys so now I know I can get one from Ebay. So its best to swap out the kitsfilter for a name brand one?

Quick Reply: Just got DropZone Coilovers, They look too short! Is this normal?