2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Fixing or replacing the radiator

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 05:30 PM
culthuu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing or replacing the radiator

I have a 2000 Neon ES with an auto trans. This afternoon while working on something else I noted there was antifreeze on top of the radiator. I looked closer and there appears to be a crack in the fiberglass tank on top of the radiator. I know it either needs to be fixed or I need another radiator. My question is has anybody had the fiberglass tanks replaced. I ask because I also have a 1987 Trans AM GTA with the 350 engine and like the Neon it has a radiator with fiberglass tanks. I had them replaced once with no problems. Is this a viable fix on the Neon or is it better to get another radiator? The car has 127,000 miles on it and it looks like this is a replacement radiator. At least it has grease pencil writhing on it that looks like it was gotten from a junkyard. I just bought the car and I don’t know the history. Just looking on ebay and saw a bunch of radiators in the thirty to forty dollar range. This seems suspiciously cheap. Has anybody bought anything like this?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fixing or replacing the radiator

i'd say replace it if they are that cheap... just make sure ur getting the right stuff and make sure u use the right coolant b/c certain antifreezes will eat away at aluminum (which is what he radiator is made out of on the neon) so yea... let us know

Quick Reply: Fixing or replacing the radiator