2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Front License bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 11:35 PM
zeeman06
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front License bracket

Amazing...with all the Neon owners out there(albeit a few here on this Forum)...One would have thought there would have been more responders to my original post directly relating to it....Oh well......One wonders how Dodge engineering let this one slip by since more States out there require front plates than those who don't......

Zeeman
2008 Z06(my fun car)

Old 06-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Exubus
Champion

As far as the bumper, mine is the same way. Many states with no front-plate law sell cars with no holes in the front bumper. I used the velcro trick as mentioned instead of drilling, but usually yes you are correct... you just carefully drill holes for it. Spend $3 at the auto parts store for a "front licsense plate kit." It should come with 4 screws and 4 expanding anchors that go in/around the holes you drilled and expand when you screw your plate/holder on... that's about the easiest and most common I can think of.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:18 PM
zeeman06

Thanks for the reply....Just went out the other night and drilled 4 holes into the bumper...The one I ordered from the local Chrysler Dealer was $36.....All is well...at least now the Neon is lighter (minus the 4 holes I drilled...

Quick Reply: Front License bracket