2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 08:05 PM
cdnclassic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog lights

Hello guys and gals,

I'm requiring some assistance as to how I go about getting access to the back of the foglight so that I can swap out the burnt one. To be specific, its the one on the driver's side. Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-27-2008, 08:09 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker
Default RE: Fog lights

you might have to take the bumper off, or at least loosen it.
You should first try to jack the car up and see if you could fit your hand in their and screw the thing out

Old 05-27-2008, 08:11 PM
SXTJunk

you should be able to take out the head lights or air intake and have easy access or you coulc turn the wheel and pop off the inner fender wall. I have dont the left side wich sucked because im headlight screws are broke i had to go in threw the fender wall and take out the winsheild was tank to get to it. drivers side is much easier. Hope that helps

Old 05-27-2008, 09:16 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

I think the way I did mine was to remove the foglight from the fascia. They're held on by a couple of nuts. Then you should be able to unplug and replace the bulb. Now that I'm thinking about it I believe I actually swapped bulbs without taking the foglights out. I remember scratching my hands all up because there is little to no room there. I did remove my foglights because I put yellow film on them....

Old 05-27-2008, 10:58 PM
cdnclassic

I'm taking a break from it right now. I picked up the light for $15 and have been trying to get the old one out for the last hour. My right wrist is chewed up and sore and all I managed to do was unplug the old one and give it a twist.
I started by taking out the screw on a box under that section. This allows you to slide the box thing itself over about a quarter inch. That little bit of extra room helps. Then I had to contort my hand to get it up in there and even at best I was only able to get two and a half fingers on the end.
I managed to get a pair of pliers in there to help me twist it but I haven't found the spot yet that allows it to unlock and pull out the light.

Two things: You'll need small to medium sized wrists to do it this way, and secondly- don't touch the light itself as the natural oils from your skin will cause the light to burn out. We'll see if I can manage to get the new one in without touching the glass part. Of course only if I can get the old one out. Yay.

Old 05-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Andpto
All Star

ORIGINAL: cdnclassic

I'm taking a break from it right now. I picked up the light for $15 and have been trying to get the old one out for the last hour. My right wrist is chewed up and sore and all I managed to do was unplug the old one and give it a twist.
I started by taking out the screw on a box under that section. This allows you to slide the box thing itself over about a quarter inch. That little bit of extra room helps. Then I had to contort my hand to get it up in there and even at best I was only able to get two and a half fingers on the end.
I managed to get a pair of pliers in there to help me twist it but I haven't found the spot yet that allows it to unlock and pull out the light.

Two things: You'll need small to medium sized wrists to do it this way, and secondly- don't touch the light itself as the natural oils from your skin will cause the light to burn out. We'll see if I can manage to get the new one in without touching the glass part. Of course only if I can get the old one out. Yay.
what year neon do you have to be specfic

there is nuts on back that you can remove to get easier axcess to the back of the foglight

why did you spend 15 dollars on a bulb?

Old 05-27-2008, 11:35 PM
cdnclassic

ORIGINAL: Andpto

what year neon do you have to be specfic

there is nuts on back that you can remove to get easier axcess to the back of the foglight

why did you spend 15 dollars on a bulb?
Its a 2004 Dodge SX 2.0 Sport.

There is a nut on each side of the lamp at the back, so it would actually be harder to take those off as opposed to popping the plug and then trying to turn the bulb to get it out. I managed to get it done that way.

It isn't a common sized bulb and I had to go to an auto parts store to get it. The price after tax was $14.85. The fog lights are factory on the sport package.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:40 AM
SXTJunk

have you tryed taking out the headlight over the fog light???

Old 05-29-2008, 12:26 PM
ramit2001
Rookie

I removed the bolts holding the bottom plate under the bumper and then was able to access the fog lights. I do believe there were like 6 bolts/screws.

Quick Reply: Fog lights