2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

looking for parts to improve 1/4 mile time... need help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 12:09 PM
badneonrt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for parts to improve 1/4 mile time... need help.

tryin to get my quarter mile time a little better... i currently run a consistent 16.22 with an reaction time of .345.... you guys seem to have alot of luck getting alot of power out of your cars on here... i have an 01' r/t with aem intake, underdrive pulley, full 2 1/2 in. exhaust. header, downpipe. short shifter, and i have a adj. camgear to put on yet and a new timing belt... please help, any suggestions are nice.. thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 12:37 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Default RE: looking for parts to improve 1/4 mile time... need help.

well r u thinking about keepin it na? or forced induction? forced induction is one of the best ways to go. but it is not cheap, hahn makes a good turbo kit but it i think is about 4500. or u can go with cheap power and hook up a bottle??? it is up to u... any other questons feel free to post...i am looking to get around 350whp out of my turbo setup at the end of next year... but that is going to be about a 10k engine when it is all said and done....

oh yeah, and welcome to DF

Old 05-31-2008, 12:49 PM
badneonrt
Default RE: looking for parts to improve 1/4 mile time... need help.

im tryin to keep it na, but the bottle isnt a bad idea, would a 50 shot be safe on the 2.0 magnum or would you suggest a 35?.. i just found out that they make an adapter plate from the srt dohc to my sohc... for the manifold and turbo... so i would be able to run a stock srt turbo??? maybe... idk but i already have the srt stage 1 injectors and fuel rail and im gettin a 255 fuel pump so i might go with the adapter plate and go turbo.... i used to have a 95 talon tsi awd and it was fun and all until the crank walked... but turbo cars are great i love the power ...

Quick Reply: looking for parts to improve 1/4 mile time... need help.